How do I permit offline access to my LastPass Vault?
When you log in to your LastPass account via desktop or mobile device while you have an Internet connection, you are creating a locally cached version of your encrypted data to the local drive. This is the data that LastPass loads when you log in to LastPass while offline. Any LastPass web browser extension, desktop app, or mobile app can be logged into without an Internet connection, and will default to offline mode when no connection is present, if allowed to do so.
Note: If you have a LastPass Teams, Enterprise, or Identity account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
Please note that if you clear your LastPass Local Cache, you will have to log in while you are online once more (either via the web browser extension or mobile app) to recreate your cache before you can log in using offline access again.
Enable offline access for your account
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click on the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon to the right of your desired multifactor option.
- For the "Enabled" option, use the drop-down menu to select Yes.
- For the "Permit Offline Access" option, use the drop-down menu to select Allow. This will store an encrypted Vault locally so you can log in without using Multifactor Authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Configure all other required fields for your authenticator (if applicable), then click Update when finished.
- Enter your Master Password, then click Continue.
- If you have already set up Multifactor Authentication for this authenticator, you are done. If you have not, follow the steps to enroll your device. Instructions will vary depending on the authenticator app you have selected.
Enable offline access via the mobile app
- Open the LastPass app on your iOS or Android device.
- On the login screen, tap or select Login settings.
- Toggle on the switch to enable Offline mode.
- Log in to the app with your email address and Master Password.