How do I export my LastPass Vault data as a LastPass Encrypted file?
Export your LastPass Vault data in the form of an encrypted file, which you can import back in to LastPass at any time.
- Click the inactive LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
- Enter your email address and your Master Password, then click Log In.
- Click the LastPass icon .
- Go to .
- If prompted, enter your Master Password then click Continue.
- Create a encryption key, then confirm it. This key must be at least 12 characters, including 1 number, 1 uppercase letter, and 1 lowercase letter. Warning: This one-time encryption key cannot be recovered if it is forgotten. This key is known only to you, and will be used to securely decrypt your exported data when imported in to LastPass. If you forget your encryption key, you can create a new one by exporting your Vault data again.
- Click Continue.
Result: A CSV file containing your data is downloaded.