How do I export my LastPass Vault data as an encrypted XML file?
In order to export the stored data from your LastPass Vault into an encrypted XML file, you must use the LastPass web browser extension with the binary component installed.
- Click the inactive LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
- Enter your email address and your Master Password, then click Log In.
- Click the LastPass icon , then navigate to one of the following (based on your view):
- Go to More Options > Advanced > Export > LastPass Encrypted File.
- Go to Account Options > Advanced > Export > LastPass Encrypted File.
- If prompted, enter your Master Password then click Continue.
- Enter a file name for your export, then click Save to save the XML export file.