How do I navigate my Vault?
The LastPass Vault is where all of your Sites, Form Fills, and Secure Notes are stored, and is a locally-hosted file so you can access your stored data securely and quickly. You can also access the Sharing Center, take the Security Challenge, manage your account settings, and much more.
Your LastPass Vault has an unlimited capacity of items that can be added, however, you can expect to see performance degradation when 2,000 items or more are stored.
Topics in this article:
There are 2 different ways to access your LastPass Vault, each having their own benefits:
- Locally by using the LastPass web browser extension (click the active LastPass icon > Open my Vault).
- Online by logging in to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 with your account email address and Master Password.
- The online Vault that you access by logging in via the LastPass website allows you to control global account Settings, and is optimal for situations where you cannot install the LastPass web browser extension (on a public or untrusted computer).
LastPass securely syncs the data stored in your account, so that the information you see within your local and online Vaults is the same.
Your Sites and Secure Notes within your Vault are organized by folders (groups) with your Favorites and Recently used at the top for easy access. You can organize your folders by using the Sort By drop-down menu, and customize how your folders display the entries within by using the Grid View icon or List View icon in the top navigation. To view a folder's entries, click the Arrow icon to expand/collapse each individually, or click the Expand All icon to expand all of your Vault folders.
As you type in the "search my Vault" field in the top navigation, LastPass searches and filters your Sites, Secure Notes, and Form Fills in the main window of the Vault.
Several advanced features are available to help administer your Sites, Secure Notes, and Form Fills easily. You may select multiple entries (by clicking on the check box in the upper-right corner of each entry), and then drag and drop your items to new folders. You can also select multiple entries and right-click to perform various tasks on all of your selected items.
Use the User Account drop-down menu in the upper-right navigation of your Vault to view your Identities, toggle your visual experience, access Account Settings, visit the LastPass support site, or Log out.
In the left navigation, you can use your Vault menu to do the following:
- View and manage your Sites, Secure Notes, and Form Fills
- Access the Sharing Center
- Set up Emergency Access
- View and manage your Account Settings
- View More Options for the following:
When you log in to your LastPass account via desktop or mobile device while you have an Internet connection, you are creating a locally cached version of your encrypted data to the local drive. This is the data that LastPass loads when you log in to LastPass while offline. Any LastPass web browser extension, desktop app, or mobile app can be logged into without an Internet connection, and will default to offline mode when no connection is present, if allowed to do so.
- How do I permit offline access to my LastPass Vault?
- How do I disable offline access for Multifactor Authentication?
- How do I clear the local cache for my LastPass Vault?