How do I move items to a shared folder?
Move items from your Vault into a shared folder, or transfer items from one folder into a shared folder in your Vault.
Please be aware of the following:
- You are unable to move items that have been individually shared with you to your own shared folder.
- When you move an item to a shared folder, an additional "backup" copy of the shared item is automatically moved to your Deleted Items folder and stored there for up to 30 days. This is a precautionary measure so that you can restore the item from the "backup" copy in your Deleted Items folder in case either you can no longer locate the shared item or an issue occurs in an attempt to share that item. Learn how to restore deleted items.
- In your LastPass Vault, locate your desired item.
- Choose one of the following options to move your item. Tip: To move multiple items at once, check the boxes in the upper-right corner of each, then click on one of the selected items and drag them to your desired folder, which will move all selected items.
To do this Do this Drag-and-Drop
Click an item and drag it under your desired folder.
Right-click your item and select Move to folder, then select your desired shared folder.
- Check the box(es) in the upper-right corner of each item.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu and select Organize or Move to Folder, then select your desired shared folder.
Edit a Password or Note You can also move an item to a shared folder when you are editing it. For more information, see Manage Your Sites or Manage Your Secure Notes.
- When prompted, click Yes to confirm that you want to move the items.