How do I log in to sites using LastPass?
Once you have installed and logged in to the LastPass web browser extension, you can automatically log in to sites with autofilled credentials, or you can manually select a username and password you have stored in your Vault.
You can use autofill to allow LastPass to populate usernames and passwords for matching sites that are stored in your Vault.
- Navigate to your desired site and proceed to log in using the credentials autofilled by LastPass. If LastPass detects that the site is not secure (using HTTP instead of HTTPS) on initial page load, your login data will not autofill automatically and must be done manually (see below).
- Click the LastPass Extension icon in your web browser toolbar, then look up your desired site and click the Launch icon to automatically log in using the credentials autofilled by LastPass.
- From within your LastPass Vault (Click the LastPass Extension icon > Open My Vault), locate your desired site and click Launch to log in using the credentials autofilled by LastPass.
Note: LastPass does not support the use of autofill on HTTP sites on initial page load, only HTTPS sites support autofill when the page is loaded.
Are you encountering a warning that the login form is insecure?
If you have navigated to a site that is not secure (HTTP), or have disabled autofill, or just want to select a different set of credentials for matching sites, you can log in to sites manually.
- Navigate to your desired site. If LastPass detects that the site is not secure (using HTTP instead of HTTPS), your login data will not autofill when the page loads. Click the LastPass Infield icon within the username or password field and select your desired credentials.
Note: The number displayed within the LastPass Infield icon will indicate the amount of stored username and password sets that match with the site you are visiting.
- Navigate to your desired site, then click the LastPass web browser extension icon then hover over your desired credentials and select Fill. Proceed to log in to the site.