How do I integrate Symantec VIP with my LastPass Business account?
LastPass Business supports Symantec VIP authentication. In order to set up this integration, you must provide LastPass with a Symantec VIP certificate.
Required for setup:
- Symantec VIP account
- LastPass Business account
Step #1: Download the Symantec VIP certificate for LastPass
Follow the instructions to request a Symantec VIP certificate and download it in PEM format.
Step #2: Set up the Symantec VIP integration in LastPass Business
- Log in and access the Admin Console at https://lastpass.com/company/#!/dashboard.
- Go to Advanced Options > Business Options > Multifactor options > Symantec VIP.
- Upload your certificate in PEM format.
- Enter your Certificate Password.
- Click Update when finished.
Step #3: Enable Symantec VIP as a Multifactor Option
- From within the Admin Console, go to Advanced Options > Business Options > Multifactor options.
- Under "Enabled Multifactor Options" toggle on the switch for the Symantec VIP option.
Step #4: Add and configure a Multifactor Authentication policy
- From within the Admin Console, go to Settings > Policies in the left navigation.
- Click Add Policy, then choose from the following policies:
- Under Multifactor, select Require use of any multifactor option.
- Select your desired user list for which this policy should be applied.
- Enter Notes for additional information about this policy (optional).
- Click Save when finished.
Step #5: Advise your users to set up Multifactor Authentication
Once you have completed the steps above, your users can set up and enable Multifactor Authentication for their LastPass Business account.
About removal of users enabled with Symantec VIP
The Symantec VIP integration is associated with your LastPass Business account. If you remove users from your company account without first disabling Symantec VIP as their multifactor authentication option, those users may become locked out of their LastPass account (if it is converted to a LastPass Free account) once removed.For this reason, we recommend disabling the Symantec VIP for users you plan to remove, as follows:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/company/#!/dashboard and log in to access the Admin Console.
- Select Users in the left navigation.
- Check the boxes next to your desired users.
Tip: To sort by users enabled with Symantec VIP, click the Multifactor column header row for the users table.
- Select .
- Click OK to confirm.
You have disabled Symantec VIP for your selected users, and you can now safely remove those users from your company account without risk of locking them out (if their accounts convert to LastPass Free accounts).