How do I install the LastPass for Safari app extension on my Mac?
The Safari app extension is supported on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later. Please note that the Safari Legacy extension will continue to function on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or earlier, however, that extension will no longer receive updates due to Apple restrictions.
Install and log in
- Download the LastPass Safari app extension.
- Locate the download, then double-click on the LastPass.dmg file to open.
- Click and drag the LastPass app icon to the Applications folder. If you had installed a previous version of the Safari app extension and are prompted that the LastPass.app already exists in the Applications folder, click Replace.
- Open the Applications folder, then double-click on the LastPass app and click Open.
- In the LastPass Safari extension app window, enter your username and Master Password, then click Log In.
- When prompted, click Open Safari to enable the LastPass for Safari extension. If this prompt is dismissed without enabling, you can manually enable the Safari extension:
- In the Menu Bar, go to .
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Check the box to enable the LastPass option in the left navigation.
You're all set! If you ever need to log out, you can log back in using the LastPass app icon in the Menu bar or via the LastPass Safari web browser extension.