How do I install and log in to the LastPass for Safari app extension on my Mac?
Install and log in to the LastPass for Safari app extension to access your LastPass Vault from your Mac.
The Safari app extension is supported on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later.
- Download the LastPass for Safari app extension.
- Locate the download, then double-click on the LastPass.dmg file to open.
- Click and drag the LastPass app icon to the Applications folder.
Troubleshooting: If you had installed a previous version of the Safari app extension and are prompted that the LastPass.app already exists in the Applications folder, click Replace.
- Open the Applications folder, then double-click on the LastPass app and select Open.
- In the LastPass for Safari app extension login screen, enter your email address and master password, then select Log In.
- If multifactor authentication is enabled on your account, you will be prompted by your default multifactor option (which can also be changed). Follow the prompts to authenticate, which will vary depending on how multifactor authentication is configured for your account (e.g., facial recognition/fingerprint identification, push notification, time-based passcode, SMS passcode, voice call, etc.). Note: You can also click Additional Multifactor Options (on computer) or tap Use Alternate Multifactor (on mobile) to choose a different method (unless you are part of a company account that has disabled this option). If desired, you can also enable the setting to trust the device for 30 days (unless this option is disabled by your LastPass administrator).
- When prompted, click Open Safari to enable the LastPass for Safari extension.
Troubleshooting: If this prompt is dismissed without enabling, you can manually enable the LastPass for Safari app extension by doing the following:
- In the Menu Bar, select .
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Check the box to enable the LastPass option in the left navigation.