How do I install and log in to the LastPass web browser extension?
For the most seamless experience, it is highly recommended that you install and log in to the LastPass web browser extension, which can be used for all of your password management needs without ever having to navigate away from the website you're visiting.
- Go to the LastPass downloads page.
- Click Download for your desired web browser extension, or click Quick Install if you are actively using your desired web browser.
- In your browser toolbar, click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon .
- Enter your email address and Master Password, then click Log In.
- If multifactor authentication is enabled on your account, you will be prompted by your default multifactor option (which can also be changed). Follow the prompts to authenticate, which will vary depending on how multifactor authentication is configured for your account (e.g., facial recognition/fingerprint identification, push notification, time-based passcode, SMS passcode, voice call, etc.). Note: You can also click Additional Multifactor Options (on computer) or tap Use Alternate Multifactor (on mobile) to choose a different method (unless you are part of a company account that has disabled this option). If desired, you can also enable the setting to trust the device for 30 days (unless this option is disabled by your LastPass administrator).