How do I import stored data using the Import Passwords feature for Windows?
You can import your stored passwords from web browsers as well as Wi-Fi passwords into your LastPass Vault by running the LastPass Universal Installer for Windows, then running a separate Import Passwords feature (which is included in the installer).
- Navigate to the LastPass Downloads page at https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php.
- Locate the LastPass Universal Windows Installer, then click Download.
- Save then run the LastPassInstaller.exe file.
- Optional: Select only the web browsers for which you want to install the LastPass web browser extension.
- Click Install.
Result: The browsers you selected will open and now display an inactive LastPass icon in your web browser toolbars.
- Click Close when installation is complete.
- On your Windows machine, search for the Import Passwords application, then run it.
- Select Log In to Existing Account.
- Enter your email address and Master Password, then click Log In.
Result: LastPass gathers all of your insecurely stored passwords on your computer.
- The next screen displays the following:
- Source (web browser and/or Wi-Fi)
- Website (URL of site and/or Secure Note for Wi-Fi)
- Username (username for a website or Wi-Fi network name)
- Choose from the following options:
- Click Import to import all data displayed (recommended)
- Hold the CTRL key and select the data you want to import, then click Import
- Click OK on the confirmation message.