How do I import passwords from the Chrome Password Manager?
You can seamlessly import all of your stored login credentials from the built-in Google Chrome Password Manager directly to your LastPass Vault.
Note: Importing from Chrome requires installation of the LastPass binary component.
Import into LastPass via Chrome
- Open Chrome, then click the inactive LastPass icon in your toolbar.
- Enter your email address and your Master Password, then click Log In. An active LastPass icon is now displayed in your web browser toolbar to indicate a successful login.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then navigate to the following (based on your view):
- Go to More Options > Advanced > Import > Google Chrome Password Manager.
- Go to Account Options > Advanced > Import > Google Chrome Password Manager.
- All of your stored login credentials are listed and selected. You can uncheck the box(es) of those credentials that you do not want to import into LastPass.
- Click Import.
- When prompted, click OK on the confirmation window indicating a successful import into your LastPass Vault.
Once imported, you might notice that some websites do not autofill right away. This is because LastPass needs to “see” the website in order to capture the exact username and password fields, as they differ from website to website. When you visit the website for the first time after importing, use the Field icons to force fill the credentials and log in. It will autofill every time after that.