How do I import passwords from the Chrome Password Manager?
You can seamlessly import all of your stored login credentials from the built-in Google Chrome Password Manager directly to your LastPass Vault.
Import into LastPass via Chrome
- Open Chrome, then click the inactive LastPass icon in your toolbar.
- Enter your email address and your Master Password, then click Log In.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon .
- Go to Account Options OR select your LastPass email address, then go to .
- Select Chrome Password Manager.
- Click Choose File, then select the file you exported from Chrome and click Open.
- Click Upload.
Autofilling after import
Once imported, you might notice that some websites do not autofill right away. This is because LastPass needs to “see” the website in order to capture the exact username and password fields, as they differ from website to website. When you visit the website for the first time after importing, use the Field icons to force fill the credentials and log in. It will autofill every time after that.