How do I import my stored data from another password manager into LastPass?
Since importing from each password manager is different and constantly changing, we have provided instructions for each password manager that LastPass supports.
Import using the LastPass web browser extension
- Click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
- Enter your email address and Master Password, then click Log In.
Result: An active LastPass icon is displayed and you are now logged in.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon .
- Click the active LastPass icon , then go to Account Options OR select your LastPass email address, then go to .
- Use the drop-down menu to select a Source from our list of supported sources (shown below) to import from, and follow the on-screen instructions displayed.
Import from within the LastPass Vault
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled on your account).
- Select Advanced Options in the left navigation.
- Select Import.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a Source from our list of supported sources to import from (listed below), and follow the on-screen instructions displayed.
Password manager sources
LastPass provides on-screen instructions for importing passwords from the following password manager sources:
- Google Chrome Password Manager
- Darn! Passwords!
- HP Password Safe
- LastPass (see detailed instructions)
- MSI PasswordKeeper
- Password Agent
- Password Corral
- Password Depot
- Password Dragon
- Password Keeper
- Password Safe
- Passwords Max
- PINs Password Manager
- Revelation Password Manager
- SPB Wallet
- Sticky Password
Autofilling after import
Once imported, you might notice that some websites do not autofill right away. This is because LastPass needs to “see” the website in order to capture the exact username and password fields, as they differ from website to website. When you visit the website for the first time after importing, use the Field icons to force fill the credentials and log in. It will autofill every time after that.