How do I generate temporary one-time passwords for LastPass?
You can generate a list of one-time passwords (OTPs) so they can be used whenever needed.
CAUTION: Changing or resetting your Master Password will invalidate all one-time passwords that you generated before the change occurred (as it requires your Vault to be re-encrypted). This means that you will need to generate new OTPs after a Master Password change, as all OTPs you generated previously will no longer be listed.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Advanced Options in the left navigation.
- Select Manage one-time passwords.
- Enter your Master Password, then click OK to continue.
- Click Generate a one-time password.
- Enter your Master Password, then click OK.
Result: A new one-time password is generated and displayed in the lower navigation.
- Repeat Steps #5–6 as many times as desired to generate a list of one-time passwords.
You have successfully generated as many one-time passwords as desired.
Tip: You can click Print and store your list of one-time passwords in a safe place, crossing them off as you use them. Alternatively, you can click Print and save as a text file that you can update as you generate new one-time passwords.