How do I generate Sharing Keys for LastPass?
LastPass uses Sharing Keys to allow users to securely share items from their Vault with others. You can generate Sharing Keys in either of the following ways below.
Log in to the LastPass web browser extension
Sharing Keys are automatically generated when you log in using the LastPass web browser extension.
- Go to the LastPass downloads page and click Download for your desired web browser extension, or click Quick Install.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive LastPass icon .
- Enter your email address and your LastPass Master Password, then click Log In.
- An active LastPass icon is now displayed in your web browser toolbar to indicate a successful login, and your Sharing Keys are now active.
Generate Sharing Keys from within your Vault
If you are unable to log in using the LastPass web browser extension, you can log in to your online Vault and generate the Sharing Keys by doing the following:
- Log in to LastPass at https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 with your username and Master Password.
- Select More Options in the left navigation.
- Click Generate Sharing Keys, then click Generate.
Note: If the Generate Sharing Keys option is missing from the More Options menu, it means you have already generated your Sharing Keys.
- Log out of your LastPass account, then log back in. Your Sharing Keys are now active.