How do I export my LastPass Vault data as a LastPass Encrypted file?
In order to export the stored data from your LastPass Vault into a LastPass Encrypted file, you must use the LastPass web browser extension, however, the binary component is not required to be installed. You will be required to create a one-time encryption key, which will be used for decrypting the export file when imported into LastPass.
- Click the inactive LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
- Enter your username and your Master Password, then click Log In.
- Click the LastPass icon .
- Go to .
- If prompted, enter your Master Password then click Continue.
- Create a encryption key, then confirm it. This key must be at least 12 characters, including 1 number, 1 uppercase letter, and 1 lowercase letter. Warning: This one-time encryption key cannot be recovered if it is forgotten. This key is known only to you, and will be used to securely decrypt your exported data when imported in to LastPass. If you forget your encryption key, you can create a new one by exporting your Vault data again.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a file name and save as a CSV file.
You have successfully exported your LastPass Vault data.