How do I enable the LastPass web browser extension?
If you have created a LastPass account and installed the web browser extension but do not see the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, you can try each of the following steps until it appears:
- Reinstall or update the web browser extension – Go to https://lastpass.com/download to download the latest version of the LastPass web browser extension for your desired web browser.
- Confirm that LastPass is listed and enabled in your web browser extensions – If LastPass is listed but not enabled, you must enable it in order for the LastPass icon to display in your web browser toolbar. If it is not listed, try reinstalling. Instructions for enabling LastPass will vary depending on your web browser, as follows:
- Chrome – Go to chrome://extensions in your Chrome address bar, then toggle the setting on to enable LastPass.
- Firefox – Go to Menu icon or Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > Enable for LastPass.
- Internet Explorer – First, you must enable the allowance of third-party extensions, then enable LastPass:
- Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > "Browsing" section > Enable third-party browser extensions > Apply > OK.
- Tools > Manage add-ons > LastPass Toolbar > Enable.
- Safari – Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Enable.
- Reveal LastPass if it is hidden – If you have installed LastPass and confirmed it is enabled, the web browser extension icon may be hidden. Instructions to reveal the hidden extension will vary depending on your web browser, as follows:
- Chrome – Click the Customize Toolbar icon > Right-click the LastPass icon > Show in toolbar or drag and drop the LastPass icon into your toolbar.
- Firefox – Go to Menu icon > Customize > Right-click the LastPass icon > Add to toolbar or drag and drop the LastPass icon into your toolbar.
- Internet Explorer – Right-click the web browser toolbar > LastPass Toolbar to reveal.
- Safari – Go to View > Customize Toolbar > Drag and drop the LastPass icon into your toolbar.
- Confirm that another add-on/extension/theme is not interfering – Temporarily disable all add-ons/extensions/themes and re-enable LastPass. Instructions will vary for each web browser.
- Ensure LastPass is allowed in your security or maintenance settings – An anti-virus program, security suite, and/or system maintenance application could be preventing LastPass from being installed or launched. Add LastPass as a trusted source within your security and/or system maintenance settings.