How do I enable the LastPass web browser extension?
If you have created a LastPass account and installed the web browser extension but do not see the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, you can try each of the steps below until it appears.
- Reinstall or update the web browser extension – Go to https://lastpass.com/download to download the latest version of the LastPass web browser extension for your desired web browser.
- Confirm that LastPass is listed and enabled in your web browser extensions – If LastPass is listed but not enabled, you must enable it in order for the LastPass icon to display in your web browser toolbar. If it is not listed, try reinstalling. Instructions for enabling LastPass will vary depending on your web browser, as follows:
- Chrome – Go to chrome://extensions in your Chrome address bar, then toggle the setting on to enable LastPass.
- Firefox – Go to Menu icon or go to for LastPass.
- Internet Explorer – First, you must enable the allowance of third-party extensions, then enable LastPass:
- Go to and under "Browsing" select Enable third-party browser extensions then click .
- Go to .
- Safari – Go to
- Reveal LastPass if it is hidden – If you have installed LastPass and confirmed it is enabled, the web browser extension icon may be hidden. Instructions to reveal the hidden extension will vary depending on your web browser, as follows:
- Chrome – Click the Customize Toolbar icon then right-click the LastPass icon and select Show in toolbar, or drag and drop the LastPass icon into your toolbar.
- Firefox – Click the Menu icon and select Customize, then right-click the LastPass icon and select Add to toolbar, or drag and drop the LastPass icon into your toolbar.
- Internet Explorer – Right-click the web browser toolbar and select LastPass Toolbar to reveal.
- Safari – Go to then drag and drop the LastPass icon into your toolbar.
- Confirm that another add-on/extension/theme is not interfering – Temporarily disable all add-ons/extensions/themes and re-enable LastPass. Instructions will vary for each web browser.
- Ensure LastPass is allowed in your security or maintenance settings – An anti-virus program, security suite, and/or system maintenance application could be preventing LastPass from being installed or launched. Add LastPass as a trusted source within your security and/or system maintenance settings.