How do I disable Multifactor Authentication as a user?
If you have decided to disable Multifactor Authentication for your LastPass account, you can do so in your Account Settings.
If you can still log in to your LastPass account:
Note: If you have a LastPass Teams or Enterprise account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click on the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon next to your enabled Multifactor Authentication option.
- For the "Enabled" option use the drop-down menu to select No.
- Click Update when finished, then enter your Master Password and click Continue.
- Click OK on the confirmation message.
As a best practice, it is recommended that you also remove your LastPass account from being enrolled with the Multifactor Authentication option you just disabled, unless you plan on re-enrolling your LastPass account using the same authenticator app or device.
Disabling authentication for a new or lost device
If your phone number has changed or the mobile device used for authentication is lost, you can disable Multifactor Authentication via email so that you can log in to your LastPass account.
Disabling authentication for a device using the LastPass Authenticator
If your phone number has changed or the mobile device you use for authentication is lost, you will need to disable Multifactor Authentication for the LastPass Authenticator. To do so, you can use SMS account recovery to log in to your account and disable authentication.
If SMS account recovery was not previously set up, please contact Customer Care (by clicking a contact option at the bottom of the article) for assistance, as disabling Multifactor Authentication via email is not supported for the LastPass Authenticator.