How do I disable Multifactor Authentication as a user?
If you have decided to disable Multifactor Authentication for your LastPass account, you can do so in your Account Settings.
Log in to your LastPass Vault to disable
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon next to your enabled multifactor authentication option.
- For the "Enabled" option use the drop-down menu to select No.
- Click Update when finished, then enter your Master Password and click Continue.
- Click OK when prompted.
What to do next: Unless you plan on re-enrolling your LastPass account using the same authenticator app or device, it is recommended that you also remove your LastPass account from within your authenticator app's enrolled accounts list.
Disabling multifactor authentication due to a new or lost device
About disabling the LastPass Authenticator
Attention: The LastPass Authenticator cannot be disabled via email. To access your account, you can use SMS account recovery to log in, then disable multifactor authentication for your device. If SMS recovery had not previously been set up, please contact Customer Care by navigating directly to this article and selecting a contact option at the bottom.