How do I disable Multifactor Authentication as a user?
If you have decided to disable Multifactor Authentication for your LastPass account, you can do so in your Account Settings.
Log in to your LastPass Vault to disable
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon next to your enabled multifactor authentication option.
- For the "Enabled" option use the drop-down menu to select No.
- Click Update when finished, then enter your Master Password and click Continue.
- Click OK when prompted.
Disabling authentication for a new or lost device
Disabling authentication for a device that uses the LastPass Authenticator
If your phone number has changed or the mobile device you use for authentication is lost, you will need to disable Multifactor Authentication for the LastPass Authenticator. To do so, you can use SMS account recovery to log in to your account and disable authentication.
If SMS account recovery was not previously set up, please contact Customer Care (by clicking Contact Support at the bottom of this article) for further assistance, as disabling Multifactor Authentication via email is not supported for the LastPass Authenticator.