How do I clone a shared item (for editing)?
The recipient of a shared item cannot edit the shared item. If the recipient wants to make changes to a shared item, they must clone the item (creates a separate item entry) and make the changes locally within their Vault.
Cloning an item can only be done from the online Vault at https://www.lastpass.com, as follows:
- Within your LastPass Vault, select Sharing Center in the left navigation.
- Select the Shared with Me tab.
- Click Accept for the shared item.
- Locate the item(s) in your Vault.
- To clone a single item, right-click on the entry you wish to clone then select Clone.
- To clone multiple items, check the boxes for each of your item entries, then use the Action drop-down menu and select Clone.
- If desired, you can make changes to the site password or secure note entry, otherwise if no changes are made the entry will be an exact copy of the original.
- Click Save.
Result: You can now make changes locally to your cloned shared item(s).