How do I clear my temporary one-time passwords for LastPass?
You can clear the temporary one-time passwords you generated if you are concerned they have become compromised, or if you no longer need to use them.
Note: If you are concerned that your LastPass account has been compromised, follow these steps.
CAUTION: Changing or resetting your Master Password will invalidate all one-time passwords that you generated before the change occurred (as it requires your Vault to be re-encrypted). This means that you will need to generate new OTPs after a Master Password change, as all OTPs you generated previously will no longer be listed.
If you are concerned that someone may have gotten access to your one-time passwords, you can invalidate them by doing the following:
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Advanced Options in the left navigation.
- Select Manage one-time passwords.
- Enter your Master Password, then click OK.
- Click Clear all OTPs.
- If prompted, enter your Master Password, then click OK.
You have cleared all of your one-time passwords.