How do I change my password iterations for LastPass?
To increase the security of your Master Password, LastPass utilizes a stronger-than-typical version of Password-Based Key Derivation Function (PBKDF2) at a minimum of 100,100 rounds. You can change your password iterations value to suit your needs and/or for troubleshooting.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- For the Password Iterations field (under Security), enter your desired number of rounds (our minimum recommendation is 100,100 rounds).
- Click Update.
- When prompted, enter your Master Password and click Confirm.
- Your Vault data will be re-encrypted, then you will be logged out of LastPass.
- Log back in to your LastPass account, and the changes will take effect.