How do I add an emergency access user?
Emergency Access is intended for a one-time use of sharing all of the stored data in your Vault with another active LastPass user.
Note: To share items with another LastPass user on an ongoing basis and control what is shared, please see Use the Sharing Center.
The following steps are intended for the LastPass account owner granting emergency access:
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Emergency Access in the left navigation.
- In the lower left navigation, click the Add icon .
- Enter the email address of the active LastPass user to whom you wish to grant access to your Vault items (emergency access user). Remember: In the event of an emergency, the LastPass user you wish to grant access to is required to both accept your request, then send an additional request to access your Vault. Adding their email here does not grant automatic Vault access.
- Specify the wait time. This is the time allotted for when the emergency access user can request access and when they are given access by you (this provides a time window buffer that gives you the opportunity to deny their request).
- Click Send Invite.
Result: The LastPass user whom you added as an emergency access user is sent an email invitation.