Claiming Your LastPass Families as a Benefit Account
Your organization has provided its LastPass Business users with a complimentary LastPass Families account, which is a personal account that includes five (5) additional licenses that you can grant to anyone – family, friends, anyone you care about – so they can also keep their digital lives as safe as yours.
Each individual that you invite to your LastPass Families account is granted their own personal LastPass account just like yours, where they can securely generate passwords, manage account credentials for sites, and store anything from notes, payment cards, passports, bank accounts, and much more. Additionally, everyone can choose to share items in their Vault with others while keeping the rest of their Vault completely private.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- While logged in to your LastPass Business account, click the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your LastPass Business email address and Master Password.
- Select Account Benefits in the left navigation.
- Click Activate LastPass Families for free.
- Enter the email address of your existing personal LastPass account, then click Let's go.
Troubleshooting: If you don't have an existing personal account, create a new personal account to activate LastPass Families:
- Enter the personal email address that you want to use for LastPass, then click Let's go.
- Check your inbox for a registration email from LastPass, then click the verification link within the email.
Your new personal account is registered, and you can return to your Vault to complete the activation process for LastPass Families.
- Enter your Master Password for your personal account, then click Let's go.
- Click Back to Account Benefits.
Result: An email verification has been sent to your personal email address, and your "Families as a benefit" status is listed as Pending.
- Check your inbox and click the verification link.
- See How do I link my LastPass Families as a Benefit account?, which will provide instructions on allowing you to access both your personal and company Vaults under one login (while keeping both accounts completely separate).
Remember: The personal account data stored within your LastPass Families account (including the accounts of your Family Members) will never be accessible to your employer.
- Log out of your LastPass Business account then log in to LastPass with your newly activated LastPass Families account and click Add members now to get started. See How do I add a Family Member in LastPass Families? for instructions.