Get Started as a LastPass Enterprise User
Welcome to LastPass Enterprise! Now that your administrator has added you as a user on your organization's LastPass Enterprise account, let's take a moment to review what LastPass is, and why you should start using it.
What is LastPass?
LastPass is a secure password manager that stores all of your usernames and passwords in one safe place, called a Vault. After you save a password to your Vault, LastPass always remembers it for you. When you need to log in to a website, LastPass enters your username and password for you!
A password manager does many other things, including:
- Creating new passwords for you
- Showing you how strong your passwords are
- Storing information such as PIN codes and membership IDs
- Sharing passwords with others
- Filling out addresses and credit card forms
Why should I use LastPass?
As a password manager, LastPass will help you in your day-to-day work while improving the overall security of your company.
Key benefits of using LastPass include:
- Convenience – No more forgotten or mis-typed passwords
- Time saved – Instantly log in to websites
- Stronger security – Long passwords that you don't have to remember
Now that you understand the basics, let's walk through the next steps to help you get started.
Step #1: Create your Master Password
Once you have been notified that your organization has added you as a LastPass user, you will need to create your own strong, unique Master Password. This password should never be re-used for any website or application, as it is intended only for logging in to your LastPass account. Learn more.
We recommend using the following best practices when creating your Master Password:
- Use a minimum of 12 characters, but the lengthier the better
- Use upper case, lower case, numeric, and special character values
- Make it pronounceable and memorable, but not easily guessed (e.g., a passphrase)
- Make sure that it is unique only to you
- Don't use personal information
- A good example is: Fidoate!my2woolsox
Step #2: Download and access LastPass
Now that you have created your Master Password, you can access your account by downloading and installing LastPass. You can also download the LastPass app for iOS or Android for when you're on the go. Once you've logged in on your computer or mobile device, you can access your LastPass Vault, which is the central hub within your account where all of your data will be stored.
Step #3: Learn how LastPass works
Next, you can learn how to use LastPass to help you manage your usernames and passwords. We've created a very simple but robust training portal where you can learn about the key features of LastPass. You can move through the training courses at your own pace, though it typically takes about 20 minutes to complete them all.
Additional Training Resources
Below are some additional training resources to help you learn how to use all of the features and tools available within your LastPass Enterprise account.
- A brief 3-minute overview of how to activate your LastPass account and start using the core password manager features.
- An extended video explaining key LastPass features, along with a live demo of how to use those features.
- These short tutorials introduce key LastPass features and show how they work.
- A helpful handout that you can print and keep on your desk as an educational reference.