You can manage various general Account Settings for your LastPass account.
- Account Email
View or change the email address used to access your LastPass account.
To change the email address, replace the old email address with the new one and click Update to save the changes. Use Send Test Email to validate your email address.
- Master Password
- Password Reminder
View to view your Master Password hint.
Why don't I see this option?
- Displays your account type (that is, Free, Families, Teams, Enterprise) with the ability to upgrade when applicable.
- Helpful links for your account.
- My Account
- Click to access your account data, such as when your Premium subscription expires.
- Payment History
- Click to view any payments you have made for LastPass.
- Email Subscriptions
- Click to manage the types of email notifications you would like to receive from LastPass. Learn more.
- You can change the default language in LastPass to any of our supported languages (that is, English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, or Dutch). Once you have selected your desired language, click Update to save the changes. You will need to log out and log back in to your Vault to display LastPass in your newly selected language. Editing your language selection from your online Vault will only apply to viewing and using the online Vault – language settings for your web browser extensions need to be changed using the LastPass icon > Preferences > Advanced.
- Time Zone
- Indicates your time zone from the drop-down menu (relative to GMT).
SMS Account Recovery
LastPass offers an optional account recovery feature using an SMS verification code. Learn how to set up and how to use SMS account recovery to reset a forgotten Master Password.
Click Show Advanced Settings at the bottom of the pop-up window for the following options:
- Password Alerts
- When enabled, LastPass will alert you when you are logging into a website where you have a weak or duplicate password. To remove these alerts, click Disable Password Alerts. Learn more.
- Re-prompt for Master Password
- Choose which actions will be protected by your Master Password. Learn more.
- Security Email
- As an additional layer of security, you can add another email address separate from the one you use on a regular basis to receive important LastPass security emails that require actions. This email address would be used to receive your, LastPass Multifactor Authentication disable email, password hint email, account recovery email, history removal verification email, reverting Master Password change verification email, and denylisted IP notifications (these are also sent to your primary email). Learn more.
- Country Restriction
- Allows you to restrict login to IP addresses originating only from countries that you select. Learn more.
- Tor Networks
- Blocks any logins that originate from Tor (virtual tunnel network). Learn more.
- Revert Master Password
- Enabled by default, and allows you to revert Master Password changes should you forget your Master Password. Uncheck this box to disable it. Learn more.
- Disable Email Verification
- Skip email verification of unknown devices and locations.
- Disable Multifactor Trust Expiration
- Skip 30 day expiration for trusted clients.
- Auto-Logoff Other Devices
- If enabled, you can only be logged into one instance of LastPass at a time. If you log in from one device, it will log you out of all others.
- Password Iterations
- Controls how many times your credentials are hashed using PBKDF2 before being sent to LastPass servers. Learn more.
- Website Auto-Logoff
- Controls how long your session exists on the server, allowing you to automatically log in when using the LastPass web browser extension. This assumes that your session does not get destroyed by methods such as explicitly logging out or closing the browser when ‘Logoff when browser is closed’ is enabled in your Extension Preferences.
- Bookmarklet Auto-Logoff
- Similar to the "Website Auto-Logoff" option in that it controls how long your session exists on the server, except it only applies to the Bookmarklets feature.
- Track History
- Maintain a history of your website logins and form fills. When disabled, History and Recent Sites will be empty on the Vault and LastPass web browser extension, respectively.
- Help Improve LastPass
- Send anonymous error reporting data to help improve LastPass. Anonymous data is aggregated but not shared with third parties. For more information, please see the following:
- Destroy Sessions
- Destroys some or all active sessions on devices where you are currently logged in to your LastPass Vault. Learn how to use this.
- Remove Duplicates
- Search for and remove duplicate entries in your LastPass Vault.