Enable Multifactor Authentication (Users)
Multifactor Authentication refers to a device that can be enabled for use with your LastPass account, and requires a second step before you can gain access to your account. Multifactor authentication devices help protect your account from keyloggers and other threats – even if your Master Password was compromised, someone would be unable to gain access to your account without this second form of authentication.
As a LastPass user, you can enable Multifactor Authentication for your account as follows:
- If you have not done so, log in to LastPass.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click on the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon to the right of your desired Multifactor option.
Please note that if you have more than 1 Multifactor Authentication option enabled for your account, you must select your desired default authentication option from the drop-down menu at the bottom of your Multifactor Options window in order to be prompted to authenticate with your preferred option when logging in to LastPass.
We offer a variety of vendors that you can choose from to set up Multifactor Authentication, depending on the type of LastPass account you have.
Please choose from the following options to view detailed instructions for each:
- LastPass Authenticator
- Google Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Toopher Authentication (no longer available for new users)
- Duo Security Authentication
- Transakt Authentication
- Grid Multifactor Authentication
- YubiKey Multifactor Authentication
- Fingerprint Authentication
- Smart Card Authentication
- Sesame Multifactor Authentication
- RSA SecurID Multifactor Authentication
- Symantec VIP
- SecureAuth Authentication
Additionally, there are advanced configuration options in the Admin Console for:
- Duo Security
- Splunk Integration
- RSA SecurID/RADIUS
- Symantec VIP
To get started, LastPass admins must complete the steps for enabling Multifactor Authentication in the Admin Console.