Enable Multifactor Authentication
Multifactor authentication refers to a device that can be enabled for use with your LastPass account, and requires a second step before you can gain access to your account. Multifactor authentication devices help protect your account from keyloggers and other threats – even if your Master Password was compromised, someone would be unable to gain access to your account without this second form of authentication.
To enable Multifactor Authentication for your LastPass account, do the following:
- If you have not done so, log in to LastPass.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Click the Expand icon in the left menu, then click Account Settings.
- Click on the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon to the right of your desired Multifactor option.
We offer a variety of vendors that you can choose from to set up Multifactor Authentication, depending on the type of LastPass account you have. Please choose from the following options (based on your account type) to view detailed instructions for each:
- LastPass Authenticator
- Google Authenticator
- Toopher Authentication (no longer available for new users)
- Duo Security Authentication
- Transakt Authentication
- Grid Multifactor Authentication
- YubiKey Multifactor Authentication
- Fingerprint Authentication
- Smart Card Authentication
- Sesame Multifactor Authentication