Once users know that LastPass will soon be made available to them, help them understand how to get started with their new password manager and single sign-on solution. We recommend using a combination of the below resources or integrating them with your standard IT training programs.
Step #1: Send your users a Welcome email with helpful resources
- Welcome Email Template (post-rollout)
- Use our Welcome email template to send your employees that guide your employees from the beginning of their journey once LastPass has been rolled out.
Step #2: Leave educational handouts on employees' desks
Step #3: Leverage our training course
- Self-Service LastPass User Training Portal
- We offer a self-paced, modular training portal that you can share with employees to train them on the problems LastPass solves and how to get started with a password manager.
Step #4: Show your users how LastPass works
Advise your users to install the LastPass web browser extension and log in (at least once).
This is important for a few reasons:
- Allows your users to use some recovery options (SMS recovery or reverting to an old password) if they ever forget or need to reset their Master Password.
- Allows your LastPass Enterprise admin to reset your users' Master Password (if the policy is enabled) if they ever forget to or need to reset their Master Password.
- Creates a snapshot of your users' Vault data in the form of an encrypted, locally stored, cached file.
- Automatically generates a Sharing Key so that your users can create and use shared folders.
- Get Started as a LastPass Enterprise or Identity User
- An instructional article on how to get your employees started with using LastPass Enterprise or Identity.
- LastPass End User Training Presentation
- A slide deck outlining steps to get started with using LastPass.
- LastPass Advanced End User Training Presentation
- A slide deck outlining how to use advanced user features and tools.
- LastPass End User Training Script
- An informational script to deliver information about key features and tools of LastPass.
- Attend Free Live Trainings
- Live weekly training sessions with experienced LastPass Customer Success Managers, with live Q&A.
- Watch Free Master Class Trainings
- Watch recordings of Master Class training sessions for LastPass Enterprise, MFA, and Identity admins.
- Introductory Video Tutorials
- These short tutorials introduce key LastPass features and show how they work.