Once users know that LastPass will soon be made available to them, help them understand how to get started with their new password manager and single sign-on solution. We recommend using a combination of the below resources or integrating them with your standard IT training programs.
Step #1: Send your users a Welcome email with helpful resources
- Welcome Email Template (post-rollout)
- Use our Welcome email template to send your employees that guide your employees from the beginning of their journey once LastPass has been rolled out.
Step #2: Leave educational handouts on employees' desks
Step #3: Leverage our training course
- Attend a free LastPass training
You can learn how to use LastPass to help you to log in to your work apps and manage your usernames and passwords. We've created a very simple but robust training portal where your employees can learn about the key features of LastPass by attending a live training, viewing a recorded training, and/or using a self-paced tutorial.
Step #4: Show your users how LastPass works
This is important for a few reasons:
- Allows your users to use some recovery options (SMS recovery or reverting to an old password) if they ever forget or need to reset their Master Password.
- Allows your LastPass Business admin to reset your users' Master Password (if the policy is enabled) if they ever forget to or need to reset their Master Password.
- Creates a snapshot of your users' Vault data in the form of an encrypted, locally stored, cached file.
- Automatically generates a Sharing Key so that your users can create and use shared folders.
- Get Started as a LastPass Business User
- An instructional article on how to get your employees started with using LastPass Business.
- Attend Free Live Trainings
- Live weekly training sessions with experienced LastPass Customer Success Managers, with live Q&A.
- Watch Free Master Class Trainings
- Watch recordings of Master Class training sessions for LastPass Business admins.
- Introductory Video Tutorials
- These short tutorials introduce key LastPass features and show how they work.