Duplicate Stored Passwords Across Multiple Sites
If you use the same password across 2 or more websites, instead of entering your password for each of those Sites and then having LastPass store them independently, you can configure LastPass to store the same password across multiple Sites of your choosing. While we generally discourage using duplicate passwords as a security best practice, there are times when you may use the same account across multiple domains, requiring that you store the same username and password for more than 1 Site.
To duplicate stored passwords, do the following:
- If you have not done so, log in to LastPass.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- In the left pane, click Account Settings.
- Click the Equivalent Domains tab.
- If none of the URLs that you wish to “link” are listed, proceed to Step #6. If at least 1 of the URLs that you wish to use is already listed, perform the following sub-steps, instead:
- Either the word “Global” or the word “Local” appears in the row that contains one of the domains (sites) you wish to link. If “Global” appears, click the Expand icon on the right side of the row. If “Local” appears, click the Edit icon .
- Edit the list of domains listed to include all the sites that you wish to share the same password, and then click Update. You are done. The rest of the instructions that follow are for the case where one of the sites you wish to use is already listed.
- Enter a comma-separated list of domains you wish to use with the same password, then click Add.
- If the system prompts you for your LastPass credentials, enter them and click Submit.
- When prompted, click OK to confirm.
Incorrect: subdomain.example.com, sample.com
Correct: example.com, sample.com