Download and Install LastPass
Your LastPass account will give you access to your data anytime, anywhere when you log in to LastPass since your stored data is securely synced to our servers. For more information about installation requirements, please see our System Requirements for Users.
Note: If you are a LastPass Enterprise admin, please see Install LastPass Software Using the Admin Console.
- Go to the LastPass downloads page and click Download for your desired web browser extension, or click Quick Install.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive LastPass icon .
- Enter your email address and your LastPass Master Password, then click Log In. An active LastPass icon is now displayed in your web browser toolbar to indicate a successful login.
After downloading the recommended installer, you can continue with the installation process on Windows as follows:
- Select your desired language from the drop-down menu.
- Check the box(es) of the web browser(s) for which you'd like to enable the LastPass toolbar, then click Install LastPass. Optionally, you can click Advanced Options to customize the browser add-ons, installation options, and privacy settings.
- When prompted, you can click Import to import passwords located on your computer. Otherwise, you can click No Thanks and choose to import later.
- Once installed, an active LastPass icon will appear in the toolbar of your selected web browser(s).
For more information, please see Use LastPass for Applications.
After downloading the recommended installer, you can continue with the installation process on Mac as follows:
- Check the box(es) of the web browser(s) for which you'd like to enable the LastPass toolbar, then click Install LastPass.
- If your selected web browser(s) are open, click Close All Browsers to proceed.
- When prompted, enter your Mac admin user name and password, then click OK.
- You can click Import to import passwords located on your computer. Otherwise, you can click No Thanks and choose to import later.
- Once installed, a LastPass icon will appear in the toolbar of your selected web browser(s). For Safari extension installations, the LastPass icon will appear beside your address bar.
For more information, please see Use the LastPass Mac App.
You may need to access your LastPass account on a computer that does not allow installation of add-ons, or where you do not wish to leave any files behind. In our mission to provide you with the most comprehensive access possible, we have developed the following options:
- Website access – You can always log in to your LastPass account via https://lastpass.com to securely access your decrypted data.
Note: Access via the website does not auto-save and/or autofill Sites.
- LastPass Pocket – Our Pocket application is a desktop version of your Vault that you can download to a USB drive and use to access your stored usernames and passwords.
- IE Anywhere – Part of our Premium offering, IE Anywhere is a portable web browser extension that you can download to a USB drive. The extension can then dynamically hook into Internet Explorer and other IE-based browsers on Windows operating systems without leaving behind a file.
The binary component is included in the LastPass Universal Installer for Mac and Windows, and is supported on the Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera, desktop web browsers via the web browser extension. Download now | Learn more
If you're interested, you can join our LastPass Android Beta team to get our newest releases and be the first to see our latest changes and fixes. Download beta now