Download and Install LastPass
If you haven’t already, create your new LastPass account. This account will give you access to your data anytime, anywhere when you log in to LastPass since your stored data is securely synced to our servers.
Topics in this article:
You can begin by visiting our downloads page where all of our LastPass installers are available for the Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile platforms.
If desired, you can click Quick Install to instantly download the recommended installer option for the web browser you're using, or download the LastPass Universal Installer, which includes a recommended binary component for your web browser.
After downloading the recommended installer, you can continue with the installation process on Windows as follows:
- Select your desired language from the drop-down menu.
- Check the box(es) of the web browser(s) for which you'd like to enable the LastPass toolbar, then click Install LastPass. Optionally, you can click Advanced Options to customize the browser add-ons, installation options, and privacy settings.
- When prompted, you can click Import to import passwords located on your computer. Otherwise, you can click No Thanks and choose to import later.
- Once installed, a LastPass icon will appear in the toolbar of your selected web browser(s).
For more information, please see Use LastPass for Applications.
After downloading the recommended installer, you can continue with the installation process on Mac as follows:
- Check the box(es) of the web browser(s) for which you'd like to enable the LastPass toolbar, then click Install LastPass.
- If your selected web browser(s) are open, click Close All Browsers to proceed.
- When prompted, enter your Mac admin user name and password, then click OK.
- You can click Import to import passwords located on your computer. Otherwise, you can click No Thanks and choose to import later.
- Once installed, a LastPass icon will appear in the toolbar of your selected web browser(s). For Safari extension installations, the LastPass icon will appear beside your address bar.
For more information, please see Use the LastPass Mac App.
You may need to access your LastPass account on a computer that does not allow installation of add-ons, or where you do not wish to leave any files behind. In our mission to provide you with the most comprehensive access possible, we have developed the following options:
- Website access – You can always log in to your LastPass account via https://lastpass.com to securely access your decrypted data.
- LastPass Pocket – Our Pocket application is a desktop version of your Vault that you can download to a USB drive and use to access your stored usernames and passwords.
- IE Anywhere – Part of our Premium offering, IE Anywhere is a portable web browser extension that you can download to a USB drive. The extension can then dynamically hook into Internet Explorer and other IE-based browsers on Windows operating systems without leaving behind a file.
By manually installing a binary extension version, the LastPass extensions in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Maxthon can add functionality. Internet Explorer automatically hosts these options by default.
The Binary Component is included in the LastPass Universal Installer.
Once installed, the following features become enabled in your web browser:
- Idle timeout
- Copy Username/Password/Notes to clipboard (not supported on Linux).
- Clear Clipboard after use (found in Advanced Preferences)
- Faster encryption and decryption
- Share login states between other browsers (not supported on Safari for Windows)
- Fingerprint Authentication (not supported on Mac OS X, macOS, or Linux)
- Smart Card Authentication
- Import from a file
- Export to a file
- Import Wi-Fi passwords (not supported on Linux)
- Export Wi-Fi passwords (not supported on Mac OS X, macOS, or Linux)
- Import from Chrome, Safari, and Opera Password Managers
- Add attachments to Secure Notes
You can download the LastPass app for iOS directly from the App Store. Once located, tap Get, then tap Install.
You can install LastPass for Android on your mobile device from the Google Play Store.
If you're interested, you can join our LastPass Android Beta team to get our newest releases and be the first to see our latest changes and fixes.