Disable Autofill for Sites
You can disable autofill for specific for which you have stored login information but do not want LastPass to automatically fill it in for you. This setting can be managed for individual sites, or for all sites in your web browser extension preferences.
Security Tip! Enabling autofill increases the risk of exposing a site's password if that site ever becomes compromised.
Are you seeing something different?Learn how to navigate LastPass in the previous experience.
Disable autofill per site
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive LastPass icon .
- Enter your username and your LastPass Master Password, then click Log In.
If prompted, complete steps for Multifactor Authentication (if it is enabled on your account).
- Click the active LastPass icon in your toolbar, then use the Search field or go to All items > Passwords and locate your desired site.
- Click the Edit icon to open the site entry.
- Under Advanced Settings section, check the box to enable the "Disable AutoFill" option.
- Click Save.
Note: If the site is launched from the LastPass Vault or from the LastPass web browser extension, it will still automatically fill and log you into the site, even if your site Preferences are set with "Autologin" disabled and "Disable Autofill" enabled.
Disable autofill for all sites
- Click the active LastPass icon in your toolbar, then go to Account Options > Extension Preferences.
- Click the General tab in the left navigation.
- Under General, uncheck the box for the Automatically Fill Login Information option.
- Click Save.