Create an Account
The first step in getting started with LastPass is creating your LastPass account.
- If you do not yet have LastPass installed on your device, navigate to LastPass.com, click Get LastPass Free, then follow the instructions to set up LastPass.
- If using Firefox as your web browser, click Add extension. For all other web browsers, proceed to the next step.
- Once the web browser extension has been added, click the inactive LastPass icon that appears in your web browser toolbar.
- Create a new Master Password and confirm it. We recommend that you use a short phrase that is unique to your life that you can easily remember.
Note: Learn more about how to create a strong Master Password.
- If desired (recommended), enter a Password hint. When finished, click Next.
- That's it! An active LastPass icon will appear in your web browser toolbar. You can now click on any of the popular Sites displayed beneath your active LastPass icon to begin adding your credentials, or click Remind me later. When prompted, select I'm Done if you are finished, or Let's Go to open your Vault and take a tour.