Change Your Master Password
The Master Password to your LastPass account allows access to everything in your account: all of your Sites, Form Fills, Secure Notes, and more. For more information, please see What is the LastPass Master Password?.
Note: If you do not remember your current Master Password, you will need to use the LastPass account recovery options.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- On the General tab, locate the "Login Credentials" section, then click Change Master Password.
- In the new web browser page or tab that opens, enter your current password, then create a new Master Password and a password hint, if desired (recommended – this is used to help you remember your Master Password in case it is ever forgotten and a password hint needs to be sent a means of account recovery).
- When finished, click Save Master Password to save your changes.
- Once updated, you will need to click the inactive LastPass icon to log in once more to authenticate your new Master Password.