Change Your Master Password
The Master Password to your LastPass account allows access to everything in your account: all of your Sites, Form Fills, Secure Notes, and more. There is no limit for character length of the Master Password, but it is recommended that you use at least 12 characters and make sure it is memorable.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- On the General tab under Login Credentials, click Change Master Password.
- In the new web browser page or tab that opens, enter your current Master Password, then create a new Master Password. Enter a password hint (recommended – this is a clue that is sent in a reminder email to help you remember your Master Password if it is ever forgotten).
- When finished, click Save Master Password to save your changes.
- Click the inactive LastPass icon to log in once more to authenticate using your new Master Password.
- Log out of LastPass on every computer and/or mobile device where you have installed and accessed your LastPass Vault. You can check your active sessions for all devices.
- Log back in with your new Master Password.