Change Your Master Password
The Master Password to your LastPass account allows access to everything in your account: all of your Sites, Form Fills, Secure Notes, and more. For more information, please see What is the LastPass Master Password?.
To change your Master Password, do the following:
- If you have not done so, log in to LastPass.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Click Account Settings in the left navigation.
- On the General tab, locate the "Login Credentials" section, then click Change Master Password.
- In the new web browser page or tab that opens, enter your current (old) password, then create a new Master Password and a password hint (optional).
- When finished, click Save Master Password to save your changes.
- Once updated, you will need to click the inactive LastPass icon to log in once more to authenticate your new Master Password.