Add an Email Address for Security Alerts
Depending on your security settings, LastPass may occasionally email you security notifications that require your response. These notifications by default are sent to the email address associated with your LastPass account. If you wish to add another layer of security and have the notifications sent to a different account (to safeguard against instances like your primary email account being compromised), do the following:
- If you have not done so, log in to LastPass.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- In the left pane, click Account Settings.
- Click the General tab, and then click Show Advanced Settings.
- In the Security section, enter a Security Email address where you want security emails to be sent, and at the bottom of the screen, click Update.
- The system prompts you for a verification code that it emails you. (It may take a few minutes for the email to reach your inbox.) Enter this code into the browser window, and click Confirm.
- If prompted, enter your Master Password and click Confirm.