How do I manage my security email address for LastPass?
Depending on your security settings, LastPass may occasionally email you security notifications that require your response, which are sent to your primary LastPass username (email address). However, you can further safeguard your account by adding a secondary security email address to which security notifications can be sent in case your primary account email address is ever compromised.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- On the General tab, click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under the Security section, enter a security email address (where you want security emails to be sent) that is different from your primary account email address.
- Click Update.
Result: An email notification is sent to your security email address containing a verification code.
- Check the inbox of your security email address. Copy the verification code, then enter it onto the Verify Email screen and click Confirm.
- When prompted, enter your Master Password and click Continue.