Add an Email Address for Security Alerts
Depending on your security settings, LastPass may occasionally email you security notifications that require your response, which are sent to your primary LastPass username (email address). However, you can further safeguard your account by adding a secondary security email address to which security notifications can be sent in case your primary account email address is ever compromised.
- Log into LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left menu.
- Click the General tab, and then click Show Advanced Settings.
- In the Security section, enter a Security Email address where you want security emails to be sent, and at the bottom of the screen, click Update.
- The system prompts you for a verification code that it emails you. (It may take a few minutes for the email to reach your inbox.) Enter this code into the browser window, and click Confirm.
- If prompted, enter your Master Password and click Confirm.