join.me for Salesforce
With join.me for Salesforce, instantly start an online meeting directly from your Salesforce environment and use powerful meeting features including screen sharing, unlimited audio conferencing and recording.
What is it?
Once the app is installed and all requirements are met, you will be able to do the following:
- Launch a join.me meeting directly from a Lead or Contact record in Salesforce
- Access details about the meeting from an automatically created Salesforce Event
- Create Salesforce reports and dashboards showing detailed statistics on join.me meetings
Before setting up join.me for Salesforce, make sure you meet these requirements:
- You must have Administrative Privileges to be able to install an app from the AppExchange
- Your Salesforce Edition must be Enterprise, Unlimited, Developer, or Performance
- Browser requirements: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari
- Your agents using Salesforce to launch join.me meetings must have a join.me BUSINESS account with the join.me client installed; the latest client is available at http://join.me
- Important: Once setup is complete, Salesforce must be running in the agents default browser In order to launch join.me meetings directly from a Lead or Contact record!
Step 1: Install the join.me Integration Package
- Go to the join.me app listing: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EFmjnUAD
- On the join.me AppExchange page, click Get It Now.
- Log in with an administrator user account for the Salesforce organization under which you want to install the join.me app. The Installation instructions page is displayed.
- Click Install in production.
- Agree to the terms and conditions. Confirm and Install.
- Log into the Salesforce instance.
- On the Choose security level page, select the appropriate level of access. Note: If you select Install for specific profiles, you must set an access level for all profiles.
- On the Install Package page, click Install.
Step 2: Add join.me side bar component to Home Page layout
You will need to add the join.me side bar component to the home page layout in order to launch join.me meetings directly from a Lead or Contact record.
- Go to Setup > Customize > Home > Home Page Layouts > Edit/New.
- Under Select Components to Show, select the join.me box and click Next.
- On the Order the components page, arrange the components as necessary.
- Click Preview to make sure that the side bar component shows up where you intended.
- Click Save.
Step 3: Configure Events Page Layout
The join.me package comes with a join.me record type and page layout. A Salesforce Administrator must assign the record type to the appropriate profiles and configure the Events page layout as desired.
The following custom fields (populated automatically by join.me) can be dragged onto the join.me Event page layout:
- Presenter Name
- Presenter Email
- Host IP
- Meeting Code
- Number of Participants
The following standard activity fields will be populated when the join.me Event is auto-created:
- Assigned To
Step 4: Show the join.me side bar component on Lead and Contact records
You can choose to make sidebar components available on all pages for all users in your organization.
- Go to Setup > Home > Home Page Layouts and edit/create a new home page layout.
- Under Select Narrow Component to Show, make sure join.me is selected and click Next.
- Under Setup > Customize > User Interface > Sidebar, make sure both boxes are checked:
- Enable Collapsible Sidebar
- Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages
- Arrange the components as necessary and save your changes.
When you navigate to a Lead or Contact record you will see the join.me side bar component. The side bar component is active when viewing a Lead or Contact record page; otherwise it appears grayed out.
Using join.me in Salesforce
- Salesforce must be running in your default browser in order to launch join.me meetings directly from a Lead or Contact record, otherwise the browser will attempt to download the join.me executable
- Ensure browser pop-ups are allowed
Where is the side bar component?
- Navigate to a Lead or Contact record and you will see the join.me side bar component.
- When you click the Start Meeting side bar component, you will be prompted to log in to your join.me account.
- If you have saved your log-in previously, the join.me client will open automatically and you can start your meeting.
Upon closing the join.me meeting, you will be redirected to the Salesforce Event, where you can edit details, add comments etc. The following standard activity fields will be populated when the join.me Event is auto-created:
- Assigned To
The join.me installer launches when join.me is already installed.
When you click Start Meeting, the join.me installer starts downloading, but the join.me app is already installed. This can happen in any browser, but remember that Salesforce must be running in the agent's default browser in order to launch join.me meetings directly from a Lead or Contact record!
A problem with cookies in the agent's browser is preventing the browser from recognizing that the app is already installed.
A webpage thanking you for installing join.me is displayed. The Salesforce Start Meeting side bar component is linked to the join.me app.