Use the LastPass Mac App
The LastPass App for Mac allows you to view, edit, and manage your Vault directly from your desktop from a standalone application, while still giving you a streamlined access to launching your Sites into your default web browser for an automatic login.
Note: If you are a LastPass Enterprise admin, please see Install LastPass Software Using the Admin Console.
- Download and install the LastPass Mac app from the App Store.
- Once installed, double-click the LastPass App icon to launch it.
- The LastPass Menu Bar icon will appear in the Menu Bar. Click the LastPass Menu Bar icon and select Log in to LastPass from the menu.
- Enter your username and Master Password, then click Log In.
- If prompted, complete steps for Multifactor Authentication (if it is enabled on your account).
- Once authenticated, your LastPass Vault opens, and you can use the LastPass Menu Bar icon to use the Quick Search feature (if enabled) open your Vault, generate passwords, manage your Preferences, check for updates, log out, and quit.
The LastPass App Vault stores all of your site passwords, secure notes, and form fill items for you to access on your Mac.
Vault features include:
- Easy navigation between sites, secure notes, and form fill items
- Click the Add icon to add a new site password, secure note, or form fill item
- Hover of your desired site password, secure note, or form fill item, then choose from the following options:
- Click Launch to launch a site and log in automatically with your stored credentials
- Click the Edit icon make changes to your password, secure note, or form fill item
- Click the Share icon to share your site password or secure note
- Select Security Challenge in the left navigation to start the Security Challenge
- Select Sharing Center in the left navigation to access the Sharing Center
Use the LastPass Menu Bar icon to access the Quick Search feature (if enabled) open your Vault, generate passwords, manage your Preferences, check for updates, log out, and quit.
Quick Search and Hotkeys
Make your LastPass for Mac experience faster by using Quick Search and hotkeys. The Vault and Quick Search can be opened by clicking on the LastPass Menu Bar icon , or you can use the following hotkeys (these can be changed in your LastPass Preferences): Shift +Command +L (⇧⌘L)
Open Preferences by clicking on the LastPass icon in your Menu Bar and selecting Preferences. In Preferences, accordion-item your security preferences to control when the LastPass for Mac app logs out and in. Change your hotkey preferences to new keys if desired.
Touch ID Bar
Note: Feature availability may vary depending on your account type.
You can unlock the LastPass app with your fingerprint via the Touch ID Bar feature as follows:
- Set up Touch ID for your Mac if you have not already.
- Check the box to enable the “Use Touch ID” option in Preferences.
- When unlocking the app or accessing protected sites, you will be prompted for Touch ID.
- On the touch bar, tap your fingerprint as indicated by the touch bar notification.
- Click the LastPass icon in your Menu Bar.
- Click Log Off to sign out of your current LastPass account, or click Quit LastPass to close the application.