How do I Backup and Restore my Hamachi Client configuration?
You may backup your configuration files in order to easily recover from a system crash, or to have the ability to move a client and all its configuration to a new computer.
To back up your Hamachi configuration
- Ensure you are running the latest version.
- Launch Hamachi and go to System > Preferences.
- Scroll to the bottom and highlight Service Configuration.
- Click Open...
- Copy all files and folders from the open window to new location.
To restore you Hamachi Configuration
You must not be online when you install Hamachi on the new or reformatted computer.
- You will have to turn off the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine. This can be found by typing
services.mscinto the Windows Run box.
- Go to the Service Configuration folder you found in the above section.
- Paste the configuration files that you backed up in the above section.
- Return to the services menu and turn on the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine.
- When the computer is put online in Hamachi, it will retain its old identity.