How can I change the priority of the virtual network adapter?
Hamachi puts its virtual network adapter at the bottom priority in Windows. This is done to ensure there are no conflicts when Hamachi is run from an Active Directory Domain Controller or DNS server. You can change the virtual network adapter’s priority by doing the following:
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections >
- From the Advanced menu, select Advanced Settings.
- Use the Up/Down buttons to reorder the network adapters to your preference. Hamachi will perform best at the top, but the difference is very minor in all but very intense usage, and may cause compatibility issues with other Network-centric tasks.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Go to Start and in the search bar type:
ncpa.cpland press [Enter].
- Press [Alt] to show the menu bar, then click Advanced > Advanced Settings.
- Use the Up/Down buttons to reorder the network adapters to your preference.