Share Handouts during Webinars
You can increase the attendee engagement for your events by sharing handouts during your webinars. Handouts are images, copies of presentations, content marketing assets, or Microsoft Office files that are made available in the Control Panel during the session, which attendees can then download onto their own devices. You should not upload confidential information to handouts as all files will be publicly available until the webinar is complete. If you do not host marketing webinars and would prefer having the Handouts feature disabled for your account, please contact our support team. Up to 5 handouts can be uploaded for each webinar.
Topics in this article:
If you upload handouts before a session, they will be available to attendees as soon as they join. If you want your handouts to become available at a specific point during your webinar, see Upload handouts during a session.
- Log in at https://global.gotowebinar.com and open the desired webinar.
- On the Manage Webinar page, click Edit next to "Handouts" (under "Engage your attendees").
- On the Handouts page, drag and drop up to 5 files into the designated area.
- Your handouts will be automatically listed at the bottom of the screen. Click the Trash icon delete a handout from the webinar.
- When you launch your webinar, the handouts will be listed in the Handouts pane for both you and your attendees.
If you upload handouts during a session, they will become available to attendees as soon as you upload them. If you want to pre-upload your handouts so that they are available as soon as the webinar begins, see Upload handouts before a session.
- During an active session, expand the Handouts pane.
- Drag and drop up to 5 files into the designated area. Note that you will not be able to add any files that are currently open, so be sure to close them first.
- Your handout will be uploaded automatically into the pane, and will immediately appear in the handouts pane of your attendees.
- Click the Trash icon to delete a handout from the webinar.
- If there are any handouts uploaded to a webinar, attendees will see a Handouts pane in their Control Panel. They can click the name of a handout to access it.
- Their default web browser will automatically launch and open a blank page, and the handout file will automatically start downloading.
- Attendees can then click the downloaded file to open or save it.
You can download handouts onto your Android device (or preview those that cannot be downloaded).
1. If there are any handouts uploaded to a webinar, you will see a Handouts icon in your toolbar. You can tap the icon to see the Handouts pane, then select a file to download it.
2. The file will automatically start downloading. You can tap the download icon in your Android toolbar to view it.
You can see a preview of handouts on your iOS device.
- If there are any handouts uploaded to a webinar, you will see a Handouts icon in your toolbar. You can tap the icon to see the Handouts pane, then select a file to view it.
- The Safari app will launch and you will see a preview of the Handout.
What should I add as a Handout?
Handouts is intended for open, public documents used during marketing webinars. You may want to include a copy of your presentation, content marketing assets, or presenter bios.
We support a large number of file types including PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, WMV, MOV, MP3, MP4, JPEG, GIF, and PNG.
Who can add Handouts?
Only the organizer who scheduled the webinar may upload handouts.
How secure is Handouts?
You should not upload confidential information to handouts, as all handouts will be publicly available until the webinar is complete. If you do not host marketing webinars and would prefer having the Handouts feature disabled for your account, please contact our support team.
How does this affect my reports?
Your webinar reports are unchanged. We do not provide reports on handouts at this time.