Share Handouts during Webinars
Organizers can increase the attendee engagement for the webinar event by sharing handouts during your webinars. Handouts are images, copies of presentations, content marketing assets, or Microsoft Office files that are made available in the Control Panel during the session, which attendees can then download onto their own devices. You should not upload confidential information to handouts as all files will be publicly available until the webinar is complete. If you do not host marketing webinars and would prefer having the Handouts feature disabled for your account, please reach out to your account admin. Up to 5 handouts can be uploaded for each webinar.
Note: The following file types are supported: PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, WMV, MOV, MP3, MP4, JPEG, GIF, and PNG. All files must be less than 100MB.
Upload handouts before a session
If organizers upload handouts before a session, they will be available to attendees as soon as they join. You can also choose to make your handouts become available at a specific point during your webinar by uploading them during the session. Note that only the scheduling organizer can upload handouts.
Log in at https://global.gotowebinar.com.
- Either schedule a new webinar event or open an existing one.
- Click to open the "Engage Your Attendees" section and click +Handouts.
- Click to upload files or drag and drop up to 5 files into the designated area.
- Your handouts will automatically be listed at the bottom of the window. Click the Trash icon to delete a handout from the webinat event.
- When you launch the webinar, the handouts will be listed in the Handouts pane for both you and your attendees.
Upload handouts during a session
If organizers upload handouts during a session, they will become available to attendees as soon as you upload them. You can also choose to pre-upload your handouts before the session so that they are available to attendees as soon as the webinar begins. Note that only the scheduling organizer can upload handouts.
- During an active session, expand the Handouts pane.
- Drag and drop up to 5 files into the designated area. Note that you will not be able to add any files that are currently open. Be sure to close any files you wish to upload.
- Your handouts will be uploaded automatically and will immediately appear in the Handouts pane of your attendees.
- Click the Trash icon to delete a handout from the webinar.
Attendee view of handouts (Windows and Mac)
- Click the name of a handout to access it.
- The handout file will automatically start downloading from your default web browser.
- Click the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser to open or save it.
Attendee view of handouts (Android)
You can download handouts onto your Android device (or preview those that cannot be downloaded).
- If there are any handouts uploaded to a webinar, you will see a Handouts icon in your toolbar. You can tap the icon to see the Handouts pane, then select a file to download it.
- The file will automatically start downloading. You can tap the download icon in your Android toolbar to view it.
Attendee view of handouts (iOS)
You can see a preview of handouts on your iOS device.
- If there are any handouts uploaded to a webinar, you will see a Handouts icon in the bottom toolbar. Tap the icon to see the Handouts pane, then select a file to view it.
- The Safari app will launch and you will see a preview of the Handout.