Need an easier, scalable and interactive way to run presentations and demos regularly? Want to re-purpose your best content and events to capture additional leads? Recorded webinars (formerly called "Simulated Live" webinars) enable you to record a live webinar and then replay that recording with interaction multiple times! You can set a scheduled time or choose to leave the webinar open so that attendees register and join right away (i.e., “on demand” webinars).
Topics in this article:
- Host and record a Standard or Webcast webinar using online recording. This can be a live event that you already have scheduled or an event with no attendees for the sole purpose of replaying it as a Recorded event later.
- From the Dashboard, click Schedule +.
- Click Recorded as the webinar type.
- Click Add a Recording. You'll be prompted to select the recording of the webinar that you hosted in Step #1. Note that if your webinar just ended, you will need to allow time for the online recording to fully process.
- Once you select a recording, it will automatically attach to the Recorded event you're scheduling. You will then see most of the same options that are available when scheduling a Classic or Webcast webinar, including uploading handouts and managing registration settings. Any polls run during the live session will be automatically launched during the Recorded webinar playback, so you do not need to manually recreate them for this session. The same goes for any surveys that were created for the original webinar.
- The "Occurs" field allows you to select which type of Recorded webinar you want to use:
- To schedule your webinar to automatically start itself, select the desired date(s) and time.
- To make your webinar "on demand" so that attendees can watch it at any time, select "on demand" and then set an end date.
- When finished, click Schedule Now. You will be directed to the Event Details page where you can customize the webinar to your liking.
- From the Dashboard, click the desired event to open its event details.
- Under "About", click the field with the attached recording.
- Select the desired recording you'd like to replace the current attachment with.
- Click Save.
- The recording has been updated!
On the Event Details page for Recorded webinars, you'll notice there is no Start button that Standard and Webcast webinars have. That's because Recorded webinars are designed to launch themselves automatically, either at the scheduled date and time or "on-demand" (depending on the occurrence you selected).
Joining Simulated Live webinars is easy for your attendees – no download, no dialing in... just click, register, and watch! Attendees will launched into the webinar using their web browser (no matter what device they're joining from), where they can watch the session, submit questions, download handouts and participate in polls and surveys. Learn more.
How do I manage audio settings?
Recorded events use computer audio only (i.e., no dial-in telephone numbers are offered). You do not need to change any audio settings for these sessions, as the audio will automatically play back for attendees using their computer's mic and speakers.
Can I manage registration and email settings?
Yes, like with Standard and Webcast webinars you can choose whether you want to manually or automatically approve registrants as well as send Confirmation, Reminder and Follow-up emails. Note that Reminder and Absentee follow-up emails are not offered for Recorded webinars scheduled "on demand" because registrants are launched into session right away.
Can I use polls, handouts, and surveys with Recorded webinars?
Yes, any polls or surveys that were created for the original webinars will also be launched in the Recorded webinar, without your needing to take any additional action.
Can my attendees fast-forward or rewind Recorded webinars?
No, the webinar will play through just as recorded in order to provide the "live" experience – attendees will not see any playback controls (play/pause, fast-forward/rewind, etc).
What is the attendee limit for Recorded webinars?
Unlike with Standard or Webcast webinars, the number of attendees who can watch your Recorded webinar is determined by the registrantion limit. For example, on an account that allows 100 attendees per webinar, you can choose to allow up to 1,000 registrants for each session. So any live webinars that you host (either Standard or Webcast) will have that 100-attendee max, but any Recorded webinars that you host can have up to 1,000 registrants watch it before it becomes unavailable. Learn how you can set a Registration Limit for each individual webinar.
How do I switch my scheduled webinar between Standard, Webcast and Recorded?
Since Recorded webinars are a played-back webinar recording, it is not possible to "switch" them to a live session. If you want to use a different recording, then you can schedule a new Recorded webinar and select the correct webinar you want to replay.
How do I promote attendees to co-organizer, panelist or presenter?
It is not possible or necessary to promote attendees during a Recorded webinar as it is a played-back webinar recording from a previous session.
Can I add a password to my Recorded webinars?
No. Recorded webinars cannot be password protected.
Can I see Recorded webinars in my webinar history or webinar insights?
At this time, Recorded webinars do not appear in your webinar history or insights, but you can run reports on them in the regular reporting section.