Join Webinars via iOS
You can use the GoToWebinar app for iOS to join webinars while on the go!
1. Download the GoToWebinar app from the App Store.
2. Join a session in any of the following ways:
- Tap the Join URL of the session (in your Email app, Message app, etc) to automatically launch the app.
- Open the app, enter the session ID and tap Join.
- Open the app and tap the desired session listed on the Join a Session screen (if you have the app connected to your calendar).
3. You will be prompted to register for the session if you have not yet done so.
3. You will then be automatically launched into session!
When you attend a webinar, you are required to register for the session ahead of time. The iOS app allows you to save some of this information to the app, so that you will be able to be automatically registered for all qualifying* sessions!
1. Tap Settings in the toolbar.
2. Tap Personal Information.
3. Enter your name and email.
4. The next time you tap a qualifying* webinar, the app will use this information to register you automatically and you will skip the registration screen!
* Note: As long as you have your personal information filled out, you will be automatically registered for most webinars. However, for webinars with custom registration question or those with multiple sessions that you must choose from, you will still be prompted to register manually before joining (since this custom information isn't included in the Personal Information settings).
The iOS app can check the calendar app on your device and show you all sessions that are coming up! All you need to do is enable the iCal integration.
1. On the Join a Webinar screen, tap Connect to your calendar.
2. When prompted, tap OK. This will allow the app to access your device's calendar and pull information about upcoming sessions.
Add upcoming sessions to the app
From that point, any event in your iCal that includes a session Join URL will be automatically listed in the GoToWebinar app.
- If you are an attendee, you can tap a session to register and join it.
By default, all attendees are muted when joining a webinar. In order for you to unmute yourself, the organizer must first unmute you.
- Tap the Mute icon in the toolbar. The icon will turn gray when muted () and blue when unmuted ().
- Tap the Question icon in the toolbar, then type your question and tap Send.
- Tap the Raise Hand icon in the toolbar so that it turns blue. Tap it again to lower your hand.
Tap the Webcam icon in the top navigation, then select one of the following views:
- All – All webcams that are being shared will be displayed at the top of your screen. You can re-size the webcams by clicking and dragging the re-sizeing bar.
- Talking – Only the webcam of the panelists who are currently speaking will be shown at the bottom of your screen.
- None – All shared webcams will be hidden.
If organizers upload handouts to a webinar, you view them on your iOS devices.
Tap the Handouts icon in the lower toolbar, then tap the desired handout to see a preview of it in the Safari app.
"Like" a webinar
By "liking" the webinar, you are letting the organizer know you like the webinar content. There is no limit to how many times you can "like" a webinar, and you'll see floating hearts every time you click.
- It's simple! Just select the floating Heart icon any time you want to share your positive feedback with the organizer.
Share a webinar via social media
You can instantly tell everybody about the webinar you're participating in via social media, email or text, right during the session!
1. Tap the Share icon to launch a list of apps you can share with.
2. Choose an app and a pre-populated post will appear!
3. Post! Send! Share!