Join Webinars via Android
The GoToWebinar app for Android allows you to join webinars directly from your Android device while on the go!
2. Join a session in either of the following ways:
- Sign in via social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn,Google). Signing in will skip the Registration form for webinars.
- Tap the Join URL of the session (in your Email app, Message app, etc) to automatically launch the app.
- Open the app, enter the session ID and . tap the Arrow icon .
- Open the app and tap one of the upcoming meetings that are listed from your Calendar app.
3. You will be redirected to the Internet app and prompted to register for the session. Enter your information, then tap Join. Note that if you have signed in via social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google), you will skip the Registration forms.
4. You will then be redirected back to the app and launched into session!
You can change your audio connection at any time during a session. If you are attending the session in person and using your Android device for activities, it is recommended that you disconnect from audio completely to avoid noise feedback.
1. Tap the Options icon in the upper toolbar and select Audio options.
2. On the Audio screen, you can select whichever option you prefer:
- Connect to Internet audio – Use your device's mic and speakers (VoIP) to connect to the audio conference.
- Connect to the phone call – Dial in to the audio conference using a phone (PSTN). Tap the phone number to automatically start dialing, or select the Pen icon to edit the number before dialing if needed.
- Disconnect from audio – Disconnect from the audio conference completely.
Raising your hand will indicate to the organizer that you have a question. You can simply tap the Hand icon to raise or lower your "virtual" hand.
- When your hand is raised, the icon will be colored in .
- When your hand is not raised, the icon will be gray .
You can download handouts onto your Android device (or preview those that cannot be downloaded).
- If there are any handouts uploaded to a webinar, you will see a Handouts icon in your toolbar. You can tap the icon to see the Handouts pane, then select a file to download it.
- The file will automatically start downloading. You can tap the download icon in your Android toolbar to view it.
By "liking" the webinar, you are letting the organizer know you like the webinar content. There is no limit to how many times you can "like" a webinar, and you'll see floating hearts every time you click.
- It's simple! Just select the floating Heart icon any time you want to share your positive feedback with the organizer.
You can ask the webinar staff a question during the session.
1. Tap the Question icon in the upper toolbar to open the question pane.
2. Enter your question in the text field, then tap the Send icon .
3. When your question is answered by a staff member, the icon will display a white square .
Share a webinar via social media
You can instantly tell everybody about the webinar you're participating in via social media, email or text, right during the session!
1. Tap the Share icon in the upper toolbar to launch a list of apps you can share with.
2. Choose an app and a pre-populated post will appear!
3. Post! Send! Share!
If the organizer launches a poll during the session, then you will be automatically prompted to answer it. Tap Submit to send your answer to the organizer.
Get your questions answered even quicker by visiting the FAQ page in the app! On this page, you can access and read through solutions to the most common webinar issues.
1. Select the Options icon in the upper-right corner.
2. Select FAQs.
You can hide and reveal webcams at any time during the session. This gives you the option of viewing the Presenter's shared screen with an unobstructed view, or having the webcams accompany the shared screen.
- To move the webcam pane, tap it and drag it around your screen.
- To hide webcams, tap the Webcam icon in the toolbar.
- To show webcams, tap the Webcam icon in the toolbar again.
You can leave the session at any time by tapping the Leave icon in the upper toolbar, then tapping Leave to confirm.