Host a Webinar FAQs
Review frequently asked questions on hosting a webinar.
With GoToWebinar you can easily set up, deliver and monitor large sessions and online events from anywhere at any time with up to 1,000 participants.
- Registration: Target and screen your audience with a GoToWebinar registration page branded with your logo. GoToWebinar will manage your registrants for you and send email reminders to them before the session.
- Presentation: Attract more audience members by presenting online and reducing travel costs. Engage your attendees with interactive Polls, Surveys and Q & A.
- Reporting: GoToWebinar reports track attendance, audience feedback and overall success to help you develop best practices.
You can host a session from a Windows or Mac computer with Internet access.
- To start a scheduled session, log in to GoToWebinar. Your scheduled sessions will be listed under My Webinars – just click the Start button next to the session you want to start.
- To host an instant session, click the Host a Webinar button on www.gotowebinar.com, and enter your account email and password. Then click the Webinar Now button. Your session will start immediately. To invite people to attend your session, click the Invite Others button in the Control Panel to send an invite or instruct attendees to join.
- To schedule a session, log in to GoToWebinar, and select Schedule a Webinar from the left navigation. Enter a title and description, choose the session type, start date, start time, end time and time zone, and click Schedule.
Log in to your account, and select Schedule a Webinar from the left navigation. Enter a title and description, choose the session type, start date, start time, end time and time zone, and click Schedule. On the Manage Webinar page, you can customize your session with branding, set up and manage registration, schedule follow-up and reminder emails and more.
Log in to your account. Your scheduled sessions will be listed under My Webinars – just click the Start button next to the session you want to start.
On a Windows computer, you can right-click the GoToWebinar daisy icon in the system tray and select Webinar Now to start a session immediately. Once you're in-session, you can click Invite Others to invite other people (Webinar Now sessions can accommodate up to 200 people).
Both audio and Screen Sharing need to be turned on once you start a session.
- To enable audio for your attendees, press *1 on your telephone, or click the Start Broadcast button at the top of your Control Panel. (The Start Broadcast button appears when using Mic & Speakers and when you enter the Audio PIN while using the telephone.)
- To enable Screen Sharing, click Show My Screen in your Control Panel.
If attendees still can't hear your voice or see your screen, test your GoToWebinar connection.
Attendees can join your webinar an hour in advance. They will be placed in the "Waiting for organizer" window until you arrive.