Convert Session Recordings
Once a session has been recorded, the temporary recording file (.G2M) must be converted before anyone can view it. Using the Recording Manager, you can easily convert multiple recordings at once whenever it's convenient for you.
Don't forget that if you use online recording (as recommended), you don't need to worry about converting your recordings and can skip this step! In fact, you won't be prompted to convert your recording at all. See Manage and Share Session Recordings for more information about accessing and sharing your online recording files.
The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan.
When you end a session, the Recording Manager will automatically launch and prompt you to convert your recordings. However, you can also open the Recording Manager manually at any time.
1. Access the desktop app menu as follows:
- If it is not currently running, locate the application on your computer and open it.
- If it is already running, right-click the daisy icon in the system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac).
2. For Windows, right-click the Daisy icon in the system tray, then select Convert Recordings .
For Mac, click GoToMeeting in the toolbar, then select Preferences > Recordings > Convert Recordings Now.
Convert a recording
2. Under "Recordings you need to convert", any unconverted files will be listed (both the most recent session and any past sessions that were not yet converted). Use the check boxes to select the files that you wish to convert.
Note: If you do not see the session recording you are looking for, simply locate it on your computer and move it to the specified Recordings folder. It will then automatically appear in the "Recordings you need to convert" section.
3. Use the "Choose a file format" drop-down menu to select the desired format:
- .MP4 (Windows and Mac) Can be played on most Windows, Mac and mobile devices
- .WMV (Windows only): Can be played on all Windows devices, as well as some Mac and mobile devices
Note: If you are converting a recording that was made in 2012 or earlier, then you must use .WMV format (.MP4 will not work correctly).
4. Click Convert Recording.
5. The conversion process will begin for the selected files. The recording may take some time to process and convert, depending on the video content and length, CPU speed, chosen media format and the amount of available memory.
6. Once the file has been successfully converted, it will be moved to the "Converted recordings" list in the Recording Manager. You can click the Folder icon to automatically open the folder on your computer in which the converted file is stored.
8. See Manage and Share Session Recordings for next steps.