Error when joining a session: "A connection could not be established. You cannot join because your computer or network is blocking the connection to our servers."
A connection could not be established. You cannot join because your computer or network is blocking the connection to our servers.
- You are connected to the internet.
- A personal firewall, such as ZoneAlarm, Norton Personal Firewall, etc. has not blocked GoToMeeting.
- If so, go to your firewall's program controls, unblock GoToMeeting, and try again.
The GoToMeeting software is not able to communicate with our servers from your location.
There are a number of things you can try, but ultimately you may need to speak to your network administrator.
- Run our GoToMeeting Connection Wizard
- Check your personal firewall to see if it is blocking GoToMeeting
- Reset your modem/router or networking equipment
- Symantec Backup Agent may also interfere
If you end up needing to contact your network administrator, we recommend linking them to our Optimal Firewall Configuration document at http://www.citrixonline.com/iprange