Error: Unable to share webcam
- Error when trying to start webcam sharing
- Error: 'Unable to share webcam. Your webcam is already in use. Please close all other applications using your webcam and try again.'
- Unable to share webcam because it is in use by another application
This error occurs when another application is already using the webcam GoToMeeting is attempting to use for HDFaces. If all other webcam using applications (such as Skype) have been shut down, something else on your system may still be capturing the webcam.
To find out what application may be using your webcam:
- Download Process Explorer
- Click Start
- In the search bar, type Device Manager and open
- Find your webcam under Sound, video and game controllers and double click it
- Click the Details tab
- In the Property drop down select Physical Device Object name
- Copy the value (Example: \Device\000000ae) by right clicking and selecting Copy
- Run Process Explorer from the location it was downloaded from
- In Process Explorer, click Find and then Find Handle or DLL
- Paste the copied value and click Search
- Process Explorer will show the current processes using the webcam. You can close these processes by right clicking on them in the process list and choosing Kill Process .