Update the Active Directory Connector
The Active Directory Connector (ADC) receives Active Directory user updates and automatically makes the same changes in your LogMeIn account. Depending on whether your are updating the ADC from v1 or you have ADC v2 installed and are updating to the latest version, the instructions below will vary.
Topics in this article:
To update from Active Directory Connector v1 to the Active Directory Connector v2, do the following:
- Run a User Status report and save it.
- Uninstall your current version of ADC v1. This is required.
- Once uninstalled, open your Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and confirm if you can navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ADCv2. If this registry location exists, delete all registry keys within this location, then close the Registry Editor.
- Download and unzip the ActiveDirectoryConnector.zip file, which contains the ADCSSetup.msi and setup.exe files.
- Run the Active Directory Connector Setup.exe file.
- If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes to continue.
- When the installer launches, click Next > Finish to complete the upgrade.
- You can now configure the ADC.
If there is a new version of the ADC v2 software, click Update to <version> in the lower left corner to begin installing the latest version, which will stop the service, exit the application, install the update, then relaunch and start the service automatically.
Not seeing this option?
It means you are running an older build of the ADC v2 software (ADC v22.214.171.1246 or earlier). You can update to our latest version (ADC v126.96.36.1992 or later) without having to uninstall your current version of ADC v2, however, you will be required to manually sign out and sign back in with your LogMeIn admin account (with Organization Admin role enabled) to ensure that the authentication tokens (used by your previous version) are updated in the registry and can be used with the updated version.
To update, do the following:
- Click Stop to stop the service.
- Exit the application.
- Install the latest version (for detailed steps, see Install Active Directory Connector v2).
- Once the installation is complete, click Change user in the "LogMeIn permissions" section, then sign in once again with your LogMeIn admin account (with Organization Admin role enabled), and click Allow to grant access to the service. This is required.
If you choose to uninstall your current version first, you will be required to log in with the Windows user and LogMeIn account admin (with Organization Admin role enabled) account credentials after installation.