Share a Whiteboard (Mac)
Sightboard uses your HD webcam (and a little magic!) to broadcast an image of your whiteboard to attendees and share your updates in real time, allowing them to collaborate as if they were standing right in front of it. Sightboard can even see behind you as you write on the board and will automatically save snap shots documenting each change you make.
1. While in session, click the Whiteboard button in the Screen Sharing pane.
2. The Viewer will launch and start broadcasting your webcam to automatically search for your whiteboard, then display an orange box to suggest the portion of your webcam that it believes is the whiteboard.
3. Use your mouse to drag the blue corners of the box around the screen and align them with the corners of your whiteboard. Once you are satisfied that the orange box represents the area that you want to share with attendees, click Yes, share this.
4. In order to be able to "see" behind you as you write on the board, Sightboard will need a few seconds to focus on it. Click Start countdown to continue, then stand clear of the whiteboard to allow Sightboard a clear view.
5. You're all set to start drawing on your whiteboard!
If you are looking to temporarily put sharing the whiteboard (and webcam) on hold, pause whiteboard sharing rather than stopping it. This will allow you to continue whiteboard sharing without having to set it up again.
You can pause sharing your whiteboardi in the following ways:
- Select the Pause icon in the Control Panel OR Grab Tab.
When you stop sharing your whiteboard, the Viewer including your webcam and whiteboard will close. If you're looking to temporarily stop sharing, we recommend Pause whiteboard sharinginstead, so don't have to set up and adjust the whiteboard again.
You can stop sharing your white in the following ways:
- Select the green A Real Whiteboard icon in the Control Panel OR the green Webcam icon in the Grab Tab OR the Close icon in the viewer.