Set Up and Run User Sync
User Sync is a service in the Admin Center. User Sync enables you to set up rules to automatically update product entitlements and roles for your SCIM-based* users in response to updates in your Active Directory.
Users synced with entitlements receive an enrollment email. The email directs them to log in, where they will change their password, and then have access to a product account. They can log in on their Windows desktop, through a web browser, or via their mobile device. They can also access their accounts through extensions for applications such as Outlook, Salesforce, and Google Calendar.
For small changes of one to several users, the sync can occur in a matter of seconds. If you are syncing hundreds or thousands of users, a general rule of thumb for an average system is 1000 entitlement requests every few minutes.
Users within directory groups are never deleted. If all applicable rules for a user are deleted, they become in a state of "suspended" which retains their account and product-related data (e.g., upcoming meetings, stored recordings, etc.).
Topics in this article:
- Corporate account with at least 1 admin who has both Organization and LogMeIn product admin roles
- Validated Organization domain
- Active Directory Connector v2 must be installed, and users and groups must be updated from the company's Active Directory
User Sync is designed to be set up based on the groups defined in the Active Directory (and updated via the Active Directory Connector), enabled, and then left to run in the background as user updates are captured from the Active Directory.
- Log in to the Admin Center at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
- In the left navigation, select User Sync.
- Now you can begin creating and/or modifying existing sync rules and priorities, as well as manage custom attributes if you had added any when configuring the ADC.
- Once finished, toggle on the switch for the "User Sync is on" option to apply the rules and priorities.