Run the Active Directory Connector v2
The Active Directory Connector (ADC) receives Active Directory user updates and automatically makes the same changes in your LogMeIn account. Once the ADC is configured with permissions and Active Directory groups, you can start the service. Starting the service launches the requests to the AD for any changes. For the first run this includes all groups and users within those groups. The ADC compares the AD data with the identity data in the SCIM* repository. Any new data in the AD is written into the SCIM data. If you have User Sync set up, any product entitlement rules will be executed automatically.
* SCIM is the System for Cross-domain Identity Management that defines how user identities are managed across multiple systems, generally over the Internet.
- Once you have installed and configured the ADC, click Start to run the ADC service. If you see a "Check Connections" option, be sure to verify the settings that you configured for the ADC. Having trouble running the ADC? See Troubleshooting the ADC.
- The Service Status now displays a "Running" state, as well as the date and time when the service last ran. Once started, the ADC will continue to run until complete, then the service will stop and begin again based on the polling interval that you configured for the ADC.
Note: If you need to modify the configuration for any reason, click Stop to stop running the service before making changes. Once your settings are saved, you can click Start again.
- While the ADC service is running, it will populate any new users and their assigned directory groups in the Admin Center's User Sync tab. In the User Sync tab, you will be required to manually assign your desired products/tiers, roles, and priorities (i.e., Sync Rules) to each of your newly populated directory groups.
Steps for setting up the Active Directory Connector v2 and managing users in User Sync:
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2 requirements
- Set up an organization
- Install the ADC v2
- Configure the ADC v2
- Run the ADC v2
- Manage custom attributes (optional)
- Manage User Sync rules
- Update the ADC v2 to the latest version (if applicable)
- Troubleshoot the ADC v2 (if needed)