More download help
On occasion, GoToTraining will fail to start when launching a session. This is most commonly due to a stuck process, application install issue, or driver conflict. The tips below detail how to quickly resolve the most common causes.
Step-by-step download instructions
Advanced troubleshooting tips
On occasion, GoToTraining will fail to start when launching a session. This is most commonly due to a stuck process, application install issue, or driver conflict. See some advanced tips below.
- Update your audio driver (Windows only)
If you experience a long delay before joining into a session, please ensure your audio drivers are up to date. Then try re-joining the session.
- End any GoToMeeting processes running in the background (Windows only)
If the download started but then froze, try force-quitting any GoToMeeting processes running in the background that might be slowing the download.
1. Press Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
3. For all entries that begins with the letters "g2m", right-click it and select End Process.
2. Open the Processes tab, then click the Image Name column to sort it alphabetically.
4. Try re-joining the session.
- Uninstall and reinstall
If you've joined or hosted a session before, it's possible that the currently installed desktop app is causing conflict. Go through the steps for uninstalling, then try installing fresh! Learn how to Uninstall GoToTraining.
- Install via MSI
You might have better luck installing via MSI rather than going through the automatic download. The file available for download will include detailed instructions about installing via MSI. Learn how to Install via MSI (Windows).
- Reboot your computer
If all else fails, try the old standby – shut down and reboot your computer, then try joining again!