Join Trainings via iOS
You can use the GoToTraining app for iOS to join trainings and present from anywhere!
1. Download the GoToTraining app from the App Store.
2. Join a session in any of the following ways:
- Tap the Join URL of the session (in your Email app, Message app, etc) to automatically launch the app.
- Open the app, enter the session ID and tap Join.
- Open the app and tap the desired session listed on the Join a Session screen (if you have the app connected to your calendar).
3. You will be redirected to the Safari app and prompted to register for the session if you have not yet done so.
3. You will then be automatically launched into session!
If you frequently attend trainings via the iOS app, you can sign up for a free student account to quickly organize and access all of your upcoming training sessions. When you are logged in to your student account, you will see a list of all upcoming trainings associated with your email address (regardless of whether you set up the iCal integration).
1. On the Settings screen, tap Sign Up.
2. Enter your name and email address, then choose a password and tap Sign Up.
3. You will receive a Verification email asking you to confirm your email address. Tap the Verify my email address button to confirm it.
4. Back on the Settings screen, your new account will be displayed! You'll also see all upcoming trainings associated with your email address on the Join a Session page (regardless of whether they are on your iCal app or you have the iCal integration enabled).
The iOS app can check the calendar app on your device and show you all sessions that are coming up! All you need to do is enable the iCal integration.
1. On the Join a Training screen, tap Connect to your calendar.
2. When prompted, tap OK. This will allow the app to access your device's calendar and pull information about upcoming sessions.
Add upcoming sessions to the app
From that point, any event in your iCal that includes a session Join URL will be automatically listed in the GoToTraining app.
- If you are an attendee, you can tap a session to register and join it.
- Tap the Mute icon in the toolbar. The icon will turn gray when muted () and pink when unmuted ().
You can send chat messages to everyone in the meeting, only the organizers or to a single attendee.
- Tap the Attendee icon (iPad) or Chat icon (iPhone).
- Tap Everyone, Organizer(s) Only or a specific attendee.
- If prompted, tap Chat.
- Type your chat message, then tap Send.
- Tap the Raise Hand icon in the toolbar so that it turns blue. Tap it again to lower your hand.
Tap the Webcam icon in the top navigation, then select one of the following views:
- All – All webcams that are being shared will be displayed at the top of your screen. You can re-size the webcams by clicking and dragging the re-sizeing bar.
- Talking – Only the webcam of the panelists who are currently speaking will be shown at the bottom of your screen.
- None – All shared webcams will be hidden.