Charge for Your Trainings
With GoToTraining® RevStream™, the Integrated Payment Processing feature, you can charge for trainings and provide registrants with the option to use PayPal®, a credit card or an alternative payment method.
Here are some of the advantages of Integrated Payment Processing:
- Set a price for trainings
- Accept payments in different currencies
- Allow attendees to pay with a major credit card or PayPal account
- Allow registrants to bypass online payments for alternate forms of payment outside of GoToTraining (i.e., check or invoice payments)
- Give partial and full refunds when canceling registrations through GoToTraining
A PayPal transaction fee and a LogMeIn convenience fee apply to all trainings that require payment. These fees are automatically deducted from the price paid by each registrant. Currently we support the following currencies: U.S. dollars, Canadian dollars, Australian dollars, New Zealand dollars, British Pounds and Euros.
The standard PayPal transaction fee is 2.9% + $0.30 USD per transaction (see PayPal Fees for their fee structure). If you have a different rate for PayPal, your negotiated rate will be the one changed.
The standard GoToTraining fee is 1.9% with a maximum charge per registrant is as follows:
|Canadian Dollars||$ 9.95|
|New Zealand Dollars||$14.95|
1. Log in to your GoToTraining account.
2. Select Settings from the left navigation and then select the Payments tab. If you're a corporate account admin, select Admin Center > Admin Settings > Edit in the GoToTraining Payment section.
3. You'll need to create a PayPal account or link to an existing PayPal account. On the next page, click Get Started.
4. When the Fees and Refunds box appears, you are required to acknowledge the payment processing fee and refund policy by selecting the check box and clicking Accept.
5. On the Link your PayPal account to GoToTraining page, click Continue to PayPal.
You are then given the option of either creating a new PayPal account or using an existing account. We recommend using a Premier or Business account since it gives your registrants more payment options.
- To create new PayPal account for GoToTraining, click Sign Up under "Need a PayPal account?".
- To use your existing PayPal account, log in to your account under "Already have a PayPal account?".
To sign up for an account, you are taken outside of GoToTraining to the PayPal page. We recommend that you create a Premier or Business account with PayPal. A Personal account has certain limitations, and your registrants must also have a PayPal account. This restriction does not exist with the Premier or Business account.
1. Click Get Started for the account type you want to create.
2. If you already have a PayPal account but want to upgrade to a different account (i.e., change a Personal account to a Premier account), click Upgrade now.
3. Follow the steps indicated on PayPal's website. When you've created your new account, you'll be automatically redirected back to the GoToTraining website.
1. Once you log in to your existing PayPal account, the Complete Your Service Setup page appears. To use the Integrated Payment Processing feature, you must allow LogMeIn to retrieve your name and email to perform refunds. LogMeIn refunds fees only when you instruct us to do so.
2. Click Agree and Continue, and you will be redirected out of PayPal and back to GoToTraining.
Before you can start charging for trainings, you must have a PayPal account. PayPal offers several different account types — Personal, Premier and Business. We recommend that you have either a Premier or Business account. Then Personal account has some limitations, and your registrants would also need to have a PayPal account
Your PayPal account must be both confirmed and verified. Then you must link your GoToTraining account to your PayPal account.
- Confirm your PayPal account. When you initially create your PayPal account, you will receive an email to activate and confirm your account. Make sure you follow the steps to confirm your account so you can accept payments from other people.
- Verify your PayPal account. The PayPal verification process varies by country or region, but in the U.S., one way to become verified is to link your bank account to your PayPal account. If your PayPal account isn't verified, log in to your PayPal account, click Get Verified in the Status field below your name and follow the instructions provided.
1. After you're redirected back to GoToTraining, you'll need to verify your payment settings, such as your PayPal account, accepted payment options and refund policy.
2. Review the types of payment options you want to accept from your registrants. You can select the "Add other payment options" check box to offer more payment options.
3. Then add a description of your refund policy. A link to view the refund policy will be included on pages describing payments, including the registration form, the payment due notification, the registration confirmation and the confirmation email.
If you don't include custom refund policy text, the following default text will appear: "For information regarding cancellations and refunds, please contact the training organizer at <email@example.com>."
4. Click Save Changes. Now you can begin charging for trainings!
1. Schedule a training. On the Manage Training page, click Edit in the Registration and Payment Settings section.
2. On the Manage Registration page, select the Payments tab.
3. Select the check box to specify a price for the training and then choose the currency from the drop-down menu.
4. You can add discount codes to offer a discounted rate for registrants to enter when they register for the training. Enter up to 16 alphanumeric characters for your discount code(s) and then enter the new price of the training after the discount code is applied.
5. Click Save when you're ready. If you added discount codes, you can distribute those codes to invitees. You also see and edit your saved payment settings by returning to the Registration and Payment Settings section on the Manage Training page.
You can cancel a registration and issue a full or partial refund through GoToTraining.
Refunds can only be issued directly through GoToTraining or the PayPal website up to 60 days from the initial transaction, which is normally the registration date. After 60 days, PayPal no longer supports direct refunds, and you need to issue a refund in another manner, such as PayPal's "Send Money" feature or a check from your company.
If the refund occurs within 60 days, the PayPal and LogMeIn fees are also refunded. If a partial refund is performed, the PayPal and LogMeIn fees are prorated.
You can cancel registration in 2 ways:
- On the Registrants page, select the check box next to the person you are canceling, and click Cancel Registration.
- On the Registrants page, click the name of the person you want to cancel. On the Registrant Details page, click Cancel Registration.
When you cancel a registration, you can indicate the amount of the refund on the Cancel Registration page. If 60 days have passed, a refund will not be processed, and you must use some other method to refund.
1. On the Cancel Registration page, enter the refund amount. You can enter a full or partial refund.
2. Click Cancel Registration.
3. You can then customize the cancellation email to send to registrants. The registrant's name will be deleted from the Registrant list an
d they won't receive additional communications about the training. Their unique Join URLs will no longer work.